DAYS: The show submits Zach's funeral for Drama Series!

• Members

Lurking at Goldderby and found this in the Daytime Emmy forum (hope to god this is true):

Anyone heard anything about this? I hope to god this is true because this was a brilliantly written and acted episode that could actually get DAYS nominated. This was also Kristian Alfonso's best episode of the entire year!

Thoughts?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If any eppy last year would gets DAYS nominated, that would be it. I just hope it's enough to keep the catastrophe of 2006 AMC out of the top four. Those Mardi Gras explosion episodes were long considered their trump cards, but they didn't serve AMC well with either the WGA or the DGA. At this point, DAYS, Y&R, OLTL, ATWT, GH, and GL may all have better shots at the Outstanding Drama Series nods than AMC.

• Members

It wouldn't have been mine but that's a good choice for episode. Given the state of the genre in 06, it should give them a decent shot of a best drama nom.

I just hope to god they don't submit any of Reilly's material for best writing.

• Members

They'll probably be screwed over again because of a block voting by networks. It's almost impossible for Days to be taken seriously at this point, since the Emmy system is so flawed.

I really never saw what was so special about Alfanso in that particular episode, sure she was good and cried like hell, but the Emmy's typically hate and shun upon performer's who submit crying episodes. I remember one judge saying that's what hurt Jennifer Ferrin's chances at an Emmy last year.

• Members

Yes considering the nature of the genre last year all of them will have to depend on just one or a few episodes to get them a nod. Because not one of them last year can depend a whole year of consistency to get them the nod because out of 9 shows not one of them was on for more than about 5 months out of the year. They all averaged at least 7 months of crap last year. 2006 was not the best year for soaps.

Archived