DAYS: The show submits Zach's funeral for Drama Series!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Your lord and master, Reilly, probably came up with the storyline. But, it was the scriptwriters and mainly THE ACTORS that did all the heavy lifting. And I'm willing to bet that the changes in the writing staff were being made there during that time as well.

So, even though Reilly may be getting awarded, it's not like HE and HE ALONE will be taking the prize. That's why they call it a writing "team."

It wasn't until this year when I realized why GH won so many statues under Guza. Because they have damn good scriptwriters supporting the lame storylines they shift onto people.

• Members

I mentioned this in the videobash thread for Zack's funeral yesterday.

I think it's a solid choice for drama submission. If Days does get a nod, I have a feeling they may submit a episode from Hogan's reign to try for the win. I am thinking they may submit the episode where Steve remembers everything. That was a big couple episode and I remember some us speculating Days may use that later if they got a nod. Another good drama submission would be the episode after Zach is pronounced brain dead where many of the vets were featured although JC's acting brought some of the episode down.

I think that Jan 9 episode should be KA's submission. Any of those 3 episodes following her scream could be her submission. Personally, I think the episode where they say their final goodbyes and Bo has to pull Hope away is the best. I heard rumors KA is submitting the funeral episode too. I hope not. She was great but I want her to submit something from Zack's actual death scenes.

All I know is PR better submit the scenes of him breaking down at Zack's grave. He had some great work when Zack died but that graveyard scene with Billie was amazing. Also, as much as I like SN, he better not get in over PR. If they both get in, fine. SN has some good material but this is PR's turn IMO.

What the hell....Days won't get any nods so why do I even bother? They will be lucky to get one.

• Members

This was a great episode, obviously.

However, I'm thinking it might be too heavy for the voters. It was sad, yes. Grabbed your heartstrings, yes. But it wasn't really 'dramatic' so much as it was sad and heavy... might be a turnoff. Is this the episode that Chelsea walked in at the end and Hope slapped her? If so, that was an AWESOME moment that might give the show points for drama. But I think that happened in a surrounding episode -- not this one.

• Members

Here are the scenes I think each actor should submit:

Reckell- With Billie at Zack's graveyard

Nichols- Steve getting his memory back

Alfonso- Zack taken off life support

Sweeney- Sami breaking up with Austin

Reynolds- Finding out about Lexie/Tek's affair

Dattilo- Walking in Carrie/Austin having sex on the roof

Jones- Same scenes as Reynolds

Pinson- Billie on the witness stand at B&H's divorce hearing

• Members

This could get them in the door for a nod. Then I personally like two episodes from December to submit for the award part.... the one where Steve remembers and the Christmas day episode. Both are from Sheffer and the emmy people really like him which we all know in any awards race especially the daytime emmys name recognition unfortunetly comes into play.

Archived