Huge GL Rumor

• Members

I heard a huge rumor from a semi-reliable source in NY who works for a certain ad agency...no it's not [!@#$%^&*]/Erica who's the source.

Anyway, it's brilliant if it's true.

Apparently, Kreizman pitched a story to Wheeler/Bloom that may get the green light and help Davey boy secure another cylce on his contract when it expires in May (three years of his drivel!oiy)

Here's the story. It'll be a soap within a soap, like they did with Meagan's story on OLTL some years back. On GL, the soap "Light of Love" is under cancellation threat and has to downsize, so they move from NY to Springfield to the tv station owned by Vanessa, who's a long time fan. Everyone in town becomes involved with LOL. Blake awakens from her coma and become a staff writer, with designs to be the headwriter. Daisy gets a part on the show. Spaulding Enterprises is a major sponsor for some of its products including its pharmacy division. Wheeler is going to hire former soap stars who are part of LOL cast who will do cameos on GL. The LOL cast is under seige; someone's offing them. Gus/Harley get involved from a police angle. Wheeler may show scenes of LOL and use old Edge of Night and Search for Tomorrow music...much like the way Passions used Dark Shadows background music a few years back. You might see Larry Haines (Stu on Search), Muave Maguire, Vickie Wyndam, Ann Flood and some younger former stars too. In a spectacular twist, a grown Adam Drake will come to Springfield as a new prosecuting attorney with an eye on the mob who may have something to do with LOL. Adam will be the grown son of Adam and Nicole Drake from "Monticello" a reference to the departed Edge of Night. Apparently, Wheeler and Company want to do a tribute to the long dead P&G soaps and revive viewer interest in the artform as it is today. The plot will be that someone is angry because the producers of LOL are getting rid of the vets and so someone is getting rid of the production staff.

I love this and hope it's a go...what a wonderful way to tell story AND generate cheap publicity....

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is the dumbest thing I've read in ages.

I just want to clarify that I'm not talking about the poster, I'm talking about the very idea. Why don't they try creating real human drama and not some hackened "Aren't soaps unuuuuusual?" tripe. Make your characters be human beings again and not waste your time stretching a joke.

• Members

Just for future reference there is a section DTS: Spoiler Island where rumors or possible story spoilers should be posted.

We have members here who prefer not to know what is coming or might be coming. So things like this are posted there for their benefit.

Thanks so much.

• Members

Exactly. Just one more reason why you're my daddy :wub:

Here is a concept that these guys may not have thought about, if they are not careful they could be the soap on the verge of being canceled. I am all for addressing P&G soaps of the past...but not this way, this is dumb!!!

• Members

I would not want this to be a drawn out or lengthy story at all. If they did like this as a stand-alone episode like the 70th anniversary episode I would have no problem with it. Could even be another fantasy episode of Harley's like the comic book thing for a wednesday show.

I was all set for that to be very bad, and it was very campy but I actually enjoyed it and it was a stand alone episode and never has been mentioned again.

And they did a damn good job with the 70th and honoring the history of the show and Irna Phillips.

I just have a feeling that this may be another stand-alone episode.

• Members

It sounds like a fun idea, but I don't know how legitimate this rumor is.

I guarantee you though, if someone told fans that this was an idea Douglas Marland thought up, people would say it's brilliant. Some people are so quick to judge based on who's writing something. If this were to happen, who knows if the storyline would be executed perfectly, but the idea itself is quite good and humorously ironic.

Archived