DAYS: New Matt Ashford(Jack) Rumor

Evan

• Members

Matt Ashford(Jack) is returning for just a few episodes, but this could be extended to a new longterm contract role, depending on budget considerations. Jack's return to Salem will be because Abby makes a shocking career decision. :o

And, if Jack is staying permanently in Salem, Jennifer will soon join him - there are no plans to break up Jack/Jen.

If Missy Reeves can't be persuaded to return, Jensen Buchanan is right at the top of the list of possible Jennifer recasts.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmm... I wonder what career decision Abby will be making. I pray to God she doesn't become a racecar driver :lol: I want to see Abby as a doctor.

As for Jennifer, I really don't want to see the character back. I don't want to see Melissa Reeves replaced with any actress including Jensen Buchanan.

• Members

Jennifer played by a different actress could be interesting. I was getting bored with Missy Reeves towards the end of her run on DAYS. I suggest Kristina Wagner as a recast Jennifer(she and Ashford were previously a couple on GH).

• Members

I'm confused. We hear these rumors that the show is DEEP in the hole and can't afford to even produce the show (which makes no sense to me) and now they're considering Matt a contract and a daytime "name" who will certainly cost a pretty penny? Oy~!

As for Abby's career decision, isn't it OBVIOUS, people? Whenever a parent has to come back home for a shocking career decision, it clearly means she's working in some part of the sex industry.

Maybe, even, Hogan is taking a page from JER and pulling a "Jessica." :o

• Members

Wow, I completely disagree with that last sentence.

If Jack stays in Salem indefinitely (meaning at least a year), then it would be unrealistic for him to not want to have sex with Jennifer, or to not have sex at all. Unless you want Jack to cheat on Jenn with random sluts and go insane because he can't screw HIS-OWN-WIFE, I say Jack can't exist with Jennifer. Not realistically. (Unless, again, they break up or Jack goes insane from the lack of sex and also becomes a male slut.)

• Members

Abby is not involved in the sex industry JSF.

It has to be something dangerous or worrisome for Jack to return. I think this is more of a way for Days to gauge the response to Jack being alone.

I don't get why Corday is worried about this. Bo survived without Hope, Roman/John without Marlena, etc. Jack can live without Jennifer. I still want my Jack/Billie pairing.

Anyway, if they want a Jen recast (and I think it's a bad idea with the budget the way it is) then I think Kristina Wagner is a good choice due to her and Matt working together on GH. Sandra Ferguson would be my second choice. I love Jensen but have my doubts about her taking on the role.

• Members

So let's think about this for a moment. Jack has died how many hundred times, seriously like what 3 (SSK, Island Back and illness) so the whole death angle I think has been lost on Jack and Jennifer. They can't divorce, because they haven't been gone that long...you know what I mean! So if they bring Jack back full time, they sort of have to bring Jen back.

Jensen Buchanan.

Sandra Ferguson.

- Both good actresses!

However, I still say Schae Harrison would be a good choice as well!

• Members
I was getting bored of Missy too, and I was just thinking of Kristina Wagner. I could see her as Jenn. If Jack stays for a longer time I want Jennifer to join him because otherwise the story they had before they left doesn't make sense.

Sandra Ferguson is my 2nd choice. Sorry but Schae Harrison wouldn't fit. She looks to plastic...

I agree! I do not want her as Jennifer! Jennifer looks young, fresh and most of all very pretty. Just because Jensen is blonde doesn't make her a Jennifer.

• Members

I'd love for DAYS to do a story where Chelsea gets raped, and through that story, Abby learns that Jack raped Kayla. It would be more powerful if Jennifer and Stephanie were around too, especially if Jennifer recounted her rape at the hands of Lawrence Alamain. That story has the potential for lots of drama (although it's kind of a rip-off of Liz's rape on GH from years ago).

I also think Abby will be becoming a hooker. Or stripper. Or dominatrix. To pay for university!!!!

Archived