All: Best and worse Cop Character's?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On AMC, Derek Frye used to be a great character.

Now they have a stereotypical, one-note actor playing Derek Frye. Actually it isn't the actor's fault 100%, bc the writing for Derek Frye is like he's never been in Pine Valley before and has no friends. It is sad. But the actor does play him without much emotion other than hate...so both are at fault.

• Members

Good cops:

ATWT - although they are slow at times too

GL - do pretty good, but they do have some slip ups at times

Mediocre Cops:

Days - at times they can be smart, but on Days it seems like the cops are written dumb while people like John are able to find out more quicker than the cops are in weeks or months

Bad cops:

AMC - Derek Frye used to be written so well but not anymore

Y&R - maybe Maggie Sullivan is smarter than I give her credit for, but they sure do write her dumb at times

• Members

I would have to say the good cop award would have to go to Y&R, prior to LML's days. Do you remember Det. Webber? He was on that sh*t like no other. He knew exactly when someone was lying and followed your ass throughout Genoa City.

The worst cops are definitely Salem's finest on DAYS. When you have a police station that takes 7+ months to catch a serial killer, while 3 mediocore citizens (Shawn, Brady and Lucas) can go to Iraq and save a POW with no trouble, there's something wrong.

• Members

I'm gonna say GL does it worst simply because they still have Frank on the force. The man is (and always has been) such a dumbass that its surprising that he's now the chief of police. That alone makes me not want to live in SF. :lol:

• Members

Here is my lineup:

ATWT: Even though most call them the jokedale PD, they are still pretty good, it may take them 20 tries but they usually get the job done.

B&B: I love dt. Baker and he normally always does a good job

Y&R: They really don't have enough cops to comment, but in the past they were always good.

Archived