GH/DAYS: Kirsten Storms...

• Members

I was just telling Andre yesterday...

The reason that Kirsten Storms is more tolerable on GH than Days is because she's now playing a b!tch.

And we all know she's not very talented of an actress.

So... draw your own conclusions. :P

Seriously though, Kirsten is much better on GH! I was watching her yesterday, and despite her scenes not really fitting in with the context of the drama (IMO) her acting was much improved from her Belle days.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol:

Come on, now. You also have to understand that I was a teenager during this storyline, so obviously I enjoyed the teen invasion. Kirsten was perfectly fine playing teenage Belle. I look back at old clips and I still agree, even though I'm a little bit older now. Do I think she should ever return to DAYS as Belle? Hell no! Belle is no longer a teenager and Kirsten wouldn't be able to play her anymore.

• Members

No, no, that doesn't equate for me at all.

When the teens came on in 1999, I was 15. I was a teenager, too. I hated them from the get-go.

Vapid, worthless characters with no more character substance than cardboard. They were all interchangeable with one another because they were NOTHING. Just faces with lines coming out of their mouths. And the acting was just dreadful.

I was even younger when I started watching in 1993. My biggest interests were Vivian, Carly, John and Marlena. Of course, I also liked Sami/Carrie/Austin/Lucas, but there was no such thing as "Salem High" back then, on our screens everyday... so lucky us, there was no entourage of worthless, flat young newbie extras to roll my eyes over. And Sami, Carrie, etc. were written just like any other character on the show -- not just as "the teens." Made a big difference.

The difference between the teen scene now (Chelsea/Abby/Max/Nick) is like a breath of fresh air compared to the teen scene of 1999 (Shawn/Belle/Phillip/Mimi/Jan/Jason/Chloe/Gigantor/Nerdboy... am I forgetting anyone?)

• Members

A year from now is a totally different story.

A year from now, the actress might grow a few chops, a la Ari Zuker. And if I love her then, for the right reasons... go me.

Loving her now, though? For all the WRONG reasons? Lunacy, I tells ya!

Seriously, though, I'm already tolerating her much more than I was in the beginning. I think her acting has improved (slightly) and I love the "WTF?!" lines they give her, but her face and lips still annoy me like crazy.

Archived