GH/DAYS: Kirsten Storms...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hahaha!

So lets hate on Annie becuase she's not worthy of your golden standards of beauty.

First, my Eileen comment was made towards Kenny, and Kenny alone. He found it as a joke, but apparently, some others did not. And you wouldn't because it wasn't meant for you. So go take your little Annie-bashing and Willow hating selves elsewhere. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Kirsten, first of all everyone knows i love her.

now, on days i loved her. when she firstg started was she great? nope. but she was a god actress, no ali sweeney but still good and could hold her own most of the time. i thought she did amazing in high drama moments, like the graduationa nd the breakup with shawn. also, i thought her and KB phillip had great sexual tension. esp when they went all spy games and had to strip down.

now on gh, when she started i was like wtf? why is belle black in port charles? and wtf? why did gh get rid of the amazing RR? but she grew on me. i liked maxie/jesse and loved maxie being bad and going after lucky. imo, kirsten does amazing at playing a [!@#$%^&*]y role like maxie, and i think that says a lot because she is so nice and sweet in person.

but yeah... like i said i love her so.. whatever. lol.

• Members

Kirsten Storms was a great cast as a child actress. She made Belle cute and likeable during her first two years on the show (I particularly loved the Brady/Belle scenes of this period). However, as soon as she was given heavy emotional material, it became apparent she didn't have the substance to make the step up. Whereas Ali Sweeney and Christie Clark made the same transition with ease, Storms just couldn't do it. Her portrayal became very whiny and artificial. Langan's obsession with Shelle made matters worse because it meant she was thrown into this sweeping adult romance before she was ready. Finally, several years of scenes opposite Jason Cook couldn't have been good for her development as an actress.

• Members

With all respect Bellcurve, Maxie's motives have nothing to do with Kirsten's acting. They are writing her with selfish motivations to get what she wants. They are writing Maxie to be bitchy. That is what Kirsten is projecting due to the writing. If Robyn was there, she'd be doing the exact same thing.....except her emotional scenes would probably come off a lot better.

• Members

But that is what I meant, Ryan.

Robyn would have made Maxie's motives seem a lot more...believable. Robyn played the snarky, [!@#$%^&*]y stuff too, but she always had the vulnerability going for her. Even though Maxie, in theory, would be selfish, Robyn would still somehow make the character worth rooting for. After Liz became a sactimonious hypocrite, she was never my favorite, but I just love seeing her slap the piss out of Maxie when she gets a chance.

Kirsten is a terrible actress. She just has good scriptwriters giving her character life.

So, I'm fully aware actors have no control over the writing. I just feel Robyn would have given Maxie more depth. But that is obviously a matter of opinion.

ETA: And another thing...I hate it when I have convos with offliners who MISS Kirsten Storms as Belle. And I'm like, "Are you f***ing kidding me?!"

Archived