Y&R/B&B: Ashley Abbott is a most complex character study

• Members

i think Steph will meet her match in Ashley and actually have a lot of trouble with her. Remember, Victor always regarded his wife Ashley as his intellectual equal (more than his sextoy Nikki who was merely there to be his mother.) Ashley captivated Victor's mind and soul. Many people call Stephanie in her suit the Victor Newman of B&B. Steph does remind me of British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in her clear cut perspective on how things should be done. Stephanie is essentially a man, we must remember. When she comes up against Ash, she will be stuck in a major rut. I don't think Stephanie will be able to work her out AT ALL. Ashley is not another Lauren Fenmore, putting it about like the overzealous dog in heat, she has a mind and will probably be the one who will truly knock the wind out of Steph's huge ass. I think its an exciting idea... there are NO CHARACTERS on the Y&R of today who have actually brought out anything in Ashley, hence why the character has not moved all these years. B&B's current canvas has a much more interesting ensemble. I have no faith in Brad Bell or any belief in his talent but im sure he will want to do right by his father's legacy of characterisations, and so will tap into Ashley's power as a character. The subtle ones are always those with the most to show for themselves!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now that all the Spectra's are gone the cast just won't be the same. I do hope to see Eileen and Flannery work opposite one another though. Other than the late great Darlene Conley (RIP), and the recent Lesli Kay and Alley Mills, Susan Flannery hasn't had any real strong opposites to work with.

• Members

^^That's brilliant. Ash is both BOLD and BEAUTIFUL. I think we can look forward to her having conflict with both Brooke and Steph, especially since those two are on good terms with each other these days. Not to mention the jealousies.

• Members

I can't wait!! Ashley is going to be rocking on B&B and I hope Bradley does the character justice and doesn't screw it up! I could see Ashley and Stephanie butting heads along with Brooke and then a triangle would form, Thorne/Ashley/Storm!!! Get hate from both sides of the isle!! LOL!!!

Archived