January 22-26, 2007

Toups

• Members

So sad about GL... it deserved to go up more... but okay, at times like this, I guess .1 is good too..

DAYS was kinda slow and it was way too much concentrated on Shelle story, so... but I hate to see it go down by .2 :(

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw these yesterday at Soapzone. Not surprised at all about DAYS.

New characters, slow moving stories, bad promotion. BLAH! I was saying it on the boards for two weeks, and DAYS aficionados were saying it's amazing.

Hoagie is good but he needs to start thinking straight.

• Members

I am not surprised with GL's ratings. Glad to see the 2.4's though!

The Anniversary show was only publicized (mostly) at the end of the show. Never saw ONE nighttime promo for it. The soap rags neglected it.

Most of the fans of soaps live OFF message boards, so even if people are talking here, that does not translate to the ratings. Which is too bad. Because GL has been great and the talk of the internet town lately.

• Members

What a shock! ATWT features a popular couple the fans love (Tom and Margo) and the ratings go up! You mean endless months of Gwill, Katie/Simon wasn't good enough? *rolls eyes* Now just imagine what the ratings would've done if Tom's heart attack had been better written.

Glad to see Y&R holding steady throughout the week.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Feb 2 2007, 12:17 PM)
What a shock! ATWT features a popular couple the fans love (Tom and Margo) and the ratings go up! You mean endless months of Gwill, Katie/Simon wasn't good enough? *rolls eyes* Now just imagine what the ratings would've done if Tom's heart attack had been better written.

I agree I think if the Tom heart attack would have been written better, the ratings would have even gone up more, I am just glad Tom and Margo are finally getting some nice quality airtime, I hope this is a new tread that maybe we are getting away from the endless months of nothing but Craig, Will, Gwen, Katie and so on, and moving back to the core family, business type storylines filled with mystery and intrigue I really think I am hoping to me there.

I know that I complain about ATWT alot with good reason, but I just smell a change coming soon, just in the last week or so it seems like the storylines are all finally taking a new direction and getting out of the dump they have all been in since the slasher storyline ended. The show is no where near perfect but it is alot better than it has been.

• Members

Soap Opera Weekly didn't. They did a two spread with photos on it. And then they set up Beth Ehlers on a lunch date with Eileen Fulton & Don Hastings and had a 3 page spread about the luncheon where they helped Beth understand Irna Phillips better.

It is the only edition of a soap magazine I have bought in a long time.

• Members

But if they would have had huge cover stories on GL's special 70th, old viewers might have seen it on the newsstands and tuned in. I doubt many former viewers were flipping through the soaps mags looking for something they didn't even know about. GL deserved a cover from SOD and SOW last week.

• Members

You're not going to be attacked IMO. Many people feel the same way. I've heard about Hogan and his hot and cold times, I don't think he's cold but he's gone from hot to warm to chilly IMO.

People can scream off roof tops that Nick and Chelsea are awesome but they can not carry this show! Heck even I like them but to put them in a front burner storyline and OVER EXPOSE Nick to no avail is absolutely ridiculous. This week balance went out the fricken window on this show! There were no familiar faces but Victor and Belle on Thursday's episode. To me that is UNFORGIVABLE. Phillip's storyline and Shelle have taken over the show, DAYS is lucky these people can act because if it was like last time then the show would have tanked IMO. Big time. IA, ratings don't always reflect quality though, especially in DAYS case, but DAYS is not doing much to change that anyways.

• Members

GH does sweeps like no other. As crappy as the show is you can always look forward to some good drama during that time and honestly which soap can you say that? At least at that point you are gaurunteed good stuff. It's worth it.

• Members

Oh I agree with you there. The only reason I knew the article was even there was I picked up the mag and skimmed through it in the checkout line. There is no mention of it even on the front page. The big part of the front page is about the explosion on GH. At the very top there is a small portion dedicated to Y&R.

I am just glad to see 5 pages dedicated to the story, but would have loved a cover story and 5 other pages of photos from the history of Guiding Light.

• Members

And GH will do better this time because to me they finally realized in November that after sweeps you have got to keep things interesting. It is nice to see that the Laura killing Rick Webber thing has carried on and is going to be climaxed this month too.

To me since November GH has been the most consistent show out there. Other shows have had highs and lows but GH to me has been must see almost everyday. And I think that is the biggest reason that ratings have held as well as they have. And it is going to help them big time going into Feb. sweeps.

I know there are a lot that disagree with me about GH but there are also a lot who agree right now. To me even the mob stuff has been interesting this go around.

• Members

There is something seriously wrong with the ratings system. GL totally deserved better numbers for Wednesday & Thursday's shows last week. :(

Tammy's death was on the cover of SID and even SOD and SOW seemed to be promoting the story. There was also a CBS promo for it. As for the anniversary show, they were promoting it after every GL show for practically a month so even if it never got a cover on a soap mag, people who watch GL regularly should have tuned in for it. Monday and Friday's shows were really good...but the high discrepancy between the ratings for those days and the other 3 days of the weak is a little mind-boggling.

Archived