CW Exec on Gilmore: "It Was a Little Rocky"

Rhiannon

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope it's not "Heaven" or "Gilmore"'s last season. Those are the CW shows I watch like clockwork. :)

"Reba" was done dirty. Great show, funny show -- horrible time slot. TERRIBLE time slot. And they're probably just burning off episodes so that there would be no penalty for cancellation, as was reported last year. It's sad. :(

• Members

Everwood deserved it more than 7th Heaven. Hands down. Biggest mistake they made. I wish SOMEONE would rub it in Dawn Ostroff's face about canceling that for that horrible Runaway show.

Reba :(

So sad to see it ending, although I knew this was it's last season, despite bringing in around 3 million viewers, which is more than can be said for any of the CW comedies on Monday.

• Members

What they're cancelling Reba? I thought with the 3 million viewers it would be a shoe in for next season. This sucks. Reba is such a funny show. I'd hate to see what awful show they replace it with, considering what we got in place of "Everwood".

I've been liking Gilmore Girls alot lately. They did have a rocky start though.

• Members

Michael, I don't know if Dawn said it, officially, and I didn't see it in this interview blurb with her, but "Reba" gets the least promotion of any of the net's shows. I'd say "7th Heaven" receives second least. Both shows are treated rather crappy when there clearly is an audience for both. And "Reba," though an underdog, really is a well written, actually FUNNY sitcom. Their poor treatment of it makes no sense. And the show is successful for that network so I can't fathom why they have the attitude of renewing it just so there's no $20 million financial penalty!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

so OTH... the jump...

after thinking about it i think it would be an amazing thing todo. college ruines 90% of teen shows.we all know it. so why not just skip the dreded college [!@#$%^&*] and go right into adult life. plus they coulddo so much. and they would have this 4 year thing to play off and do flashbacks for.

im glad its doing good. this is its best season ever.

Archived