How Passions Fans Are Attempting to Rewrite History

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The PSSNS vs. AW is pathetic, you just can't compare the two shows. However, let's be real here people. There is no way in hell PSSNS had more impact on daytime than AW did in it's 35 years. AW is a landmark show for NBCD and was the first soap to challenge the then dominant CBS lineup, PSSNS can be seen as a landmark show too, but definitely not in the same way. When it all comes down, NBCD will forever be remembered for AW and Days - not PSSNS. Max does have a right to voice his opinion, given what's happened in the past week. Everyone else has a right to voice their opinion as well, but, if you're somehow aggravated by the topic, you do have the option of ignoring it.

• Members

I have told several people about PASSIONS cancellation (one that currently watch everyday, some that watched everyday back in the day and occasional viewers that tune in once in a while cause they are bored after DAYS is over), and the reaction I got is that not too many people really cared too much.

Only one person was really upset about it, but even then they said they would just start watching GH again at 2PM.

I think this is the general trend for many people, losing PASSIONS is just a not a huge blow for most people (though I am not saying it isn't for the diehard fans because it is), I am just sharing my experiences in breaking the news to people about PASSIONS.

Personally I will miss seeing Tabitha and Endora, they could cheer me up even on my worst days.

I am excited to see how JER will end the show though...I probably will start tuning in in the last month full-time to watch and see how PASSIONS is ended.

• Members

i'm a PASSIONS regular viewer, but i side with max on this one.

you guys jumping all over him need to get a grip. you tell HIM to stop beating a dead horse, but you're beating your own. you tell HIM to get over it, but you have no plans at this time to get over anything.

and these posts about how you're despondent, and hurting so badly, and having a horrible week -- that is just effing ridiculous. stop the melodrama, would you?????

king is right -- if you don't want to read this stuff, DON'T. don't click on these threads. that's all it takes.

i disagree with max on one point: i most certainly blame JER for PSNS' cancellation -- 100%. and i don't blame weak actors, either. it's STORYLINE that moved at a glacier pace, and worse. it's 2 years' worth of story in 8 years. it's repetition beyond reason. it's total hubris and laziness on JER's fault. he ruined his own creation, and i hope he never works in daytime again.

• Members

Um, wrong. When you use words like "falsehood" when it's not about something objective (remember, he doesn't count the GOBS of magazines and TV shows that love "Passions" as real critical praise; only "Daytime Emmys" count for him), you're going to invite criticism -- ESPECIALLY when the subject is something as emotionally charged as the cancellation of a well loved soap opera.

• Members

Max, I commend u on an insightful, great post! Probably the best post on SON in Jan. 07! Nope, THE best post of the month! :D I've been thinking about the very subject matter you raised for several months now. PSN fans are the worst kind! The worst kind in TV! DOOL fans aren't far behind. PSN will go down as THE worst American daytime drama series & deservedly so! Daytime doesn't need a show like PSN or their limited viewership! Even though it's been on the air for about 8 yrs, PSN is a failed series.

Cringe-worthy acting, cliched, ridiculous, atrocious writing, amateurish directing is what PSN has always been about. It doesn't deserve a final ep with closure (with JER as head honcho, closure aint gonna happen :lol: ), it deserves to be yanked off the air immediately. I'm so happy that PSN was cancelled! It was about darn time that NBC wised up, and now we get a two-4-1 combo with the cancellation of DOOL on NBC. Jeff Zucker said that DOOL's last renewal was May 2006, that NBC will not give it a reprieve in May 2009. Great news all around this week! I'm thinking DOOL will air it's last ep Dec 08. NBC will not have the patience to wait till about Sept. 09.

Now, more than ever, is the time for CBS & ABC Daytime to further trounce on NBC Daytime, to put them further into shame. It's time to jump onto the Y&R, GH & OLTL bandwagon, y'all. Those 3 shows have the most potential. They'd rather have crap like PSN & DOOL than quality made shows like Santa Barbara & Another World. I guess anything for the almighty dollar, huh? How foolish! :angry:

PSN IS FINALLY CANCELLED & WE, TRUE DAYTIME FANS, CAN ALL CELEBRATE, WE CAN ALL BE PROUD THAT THE JAMES E. REILLY'S CRAPFEST WILL BE OFF THE AIR BEFORE THE END OF SUMMER 2007! :lol::PB):D:) Ah, the sound of millions of teenage girls weeping :lol:

NBC, U FINALLY ARE MAKING GOOD DECISIONS WITH THE CANCELLATION OF THE SH*TTY PSN & DOOL!

• Members

Anti, you're just trying to get another thread closed, aren't you?

You know, I would offer a rebuttle to everything you said (which was horse[!@#$%^&*] by the way), but I won't. Because the fact that pretty much EVERY thread you start or offer two cents to gets closed. Your reputation and lack of credibility precede you. HA.

• Members

JOINT, U CAN'T IGNORE THE FACT THAT PSN IS A FAILED SERIES. A LOT OF PROMOTION WAS GIVEN BY NBC TO THE SHOW, YET IT STAYED IN LAST PLACE IN TOTAL VIEWERSHIP FOR YEARS. IT WAS ABOUT TIME THAT NBC CANCELLED PSN. DOOL IS NEXT ON THEIR HIT LIST. THEY WANT OUT OF THE DAYTIME DRAMA BIZ. EVEN TODAY IS BETTER THAN PSN & DOOL.

Archived