How Passions Fans Are Attempting to Rewrite History

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

NO, IF THERE IS ANY JUSTICE IN THE WORLD, Y&R & GH WILL BE THE LAST 2 REMAINING AMERICAN DAYTIME DRAMAS ON THE AIR. Y&R, GH & OLTL ARE FILLED WITH A LOT OF POTENTIAL. DO U NOW AGREE THAT OLTL CAN BE ABC'S Y&R? THAT Y&R & GH CAN ENTER THEIR GOLDEN AGES?

MAX'S THREAD IS FAR FROM BEING A SILLY ONE. IT'S AN INTELLIGENT ONE THAT HE WORKED HARD ON COMPOSING. HE IDENTIFIED PSN FALSEHOODS & PRESENTED ARGUMENTS TO THEM IN AN ARTICULATE WAY. BEST POST OF JAN. 07 GOES TO: MAX.

I WILL NEVER LEAVE Y&R & GH OUT OF ANYTHING!

• Members

First of all, I CAN argue it. (Oh hell, I'm stooping to your level but who cares? I love my show).

EIGHT YEARS on the air makes the show a success, no matter what.

TONS of press and buzz, including TV Guide (NOT Michael Logan) naming JER one of all of TV's "most valuable players" in writing, back in 2001, makes the show a success.

THE MILLIONS OF SMILES brought to the faces of all who enjoy Tabitha and Timmy, Tabitha and Endora, the supernatural and other campy hijinks of the show that made people laugh, make the show a success.

As for ratings, "Passions" surpassed expectations in its first few years, climbing up to 2.9 and maintaing 2's -- something "Sunset Beach" could NEVER do, consistently.

It wasn't until JER [!@#$%^&*]ed it up that things went downhill.

But the show, make no mistake, WAS a success.

• Members

Heh, do you thing that Y&R/GH/ATWT or even your AW begun with spectacular acting? A lot of the actors ultimately grew into their role, and even ventured out into better things. I think PSNS cast started to get really bad during 2004ish. Not to mention the placement of actors, made the show come off badly acted. Also, the cast had to suffer with repetitive and outlandish writing for the most part, though some did a great job in still dishing the goods.

Besides bad acting + bad writing = the obvious.

Max now that PASSIONS is cancelled, I sincerely hope that you can move on. Holding a grudge over a soap opera that has been cancelled for nearly a decade is depressing. I understand missing the soap opera, but from your posts it seems like you were out for vengeance. Just saying :)

Archived