B&B: Actress Died last night

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If this is true it is very sad news, but at this point I still have hope because this news has not been made official by anyone yet, It is still not on the CBS website and that press release on the Bold and The beautiful message board looks to be fake, because of all the spelling errors, plus why would it be on there message board but not there front page makes zero sense to me anyway. The only way I will believe it is if CBS confirms it, something they have not done.

Number one her name is not even spelled right in the title of the so called press release. And why is there the word *Beep* in there instead of Hitchcock

• Members

Soapdom (can we say that here?) has the same announcement but has more details and a quote from Barbara Bloom - and no spelling errors. I think the B&B message board "beeped" out the word HitchCOCK, by the way.

This is an enormous loss for daytime. That woman was fabulous and she will be sorely missed.

• Members

My prayers to her family and friends. She will be missed. Though I haven't watched B&B in years, I always in enjoyed the sass and strength that Darlene brought to the role. And I LOVED her on screen relationships with Macy and Darla. She will be missed.

• Members

:( :( :(

This is devastating news. She was amazing on B&B and one of the few performers who made that show worth tuning into. I thought she was younger than 72 but that still seems young...especially for someone who had so much life in her. Daytime has lost a true gem.

She should be honored with a posthumous Emmy.

• Members

ITA Ponz.

What a loss. I feel like I have been whacked in the gut. Darlene represented everything that I enjoyed about B&B. Without her, the show is a little greyer and certainly far less Bold and Beautiful.

:(:(:(

• Members

Here's an article from yahoo front page news

TV actress Darlene Conley dies in LA

By DAISY NGUYEN, Associated Press Writer

Tue Jan 16, 6:14 AM ET

LOS ANGELES - Darlene Conley, a veteran stage and television actress who entertained daytime audiences for nearly two decades as the feisty fashion mogul Sally Spectra on "The Bold and the Beautiful," has died. She was 72.

Conley died Sunday of stomach cancer at her Los Angeles home surrounded by family and friends, Eva Demirjian, a publicist for the CBS serial drama, said Monday.

She was diagnosed with cancer about three months ago, and the show's producers were deciding how to portray the fate of her character, Demirjian said.

"She constantly entertained us with every move, every breath, every inflection of her voice. Whether she was the villain, the damsel, the sexpot or the comedienne, Darlene was brilliant," said Bradley P. Bell, the show's executive producer.

She started on the long-running soap in December 1988, playing the flamboyant, red-haired chief of Spectra Creations and rival to Forrester Fashions. Her portrayal of Spectra earned her two Daytime Emmy nominations for best supporting actress and six Soap Opera Digest awards.

Daytime television "is really the best medium today for women of a certain age to do something really flashy; it's where what we do well as actresses matters," Conley once said.

The Chicago native began her acting career at 15 when she was cast in the touring production of the Broadway hit "The Heiress."

After graduating from high school, she appeared in several stage productions, including "Cyrano de Bergerac," "The Baker's Wife" and "Night of the Iguana."

She later found work in front of the camera, making small appearances in the movies "The Birds" and "Valley of the Dolls" and such television shows as "Murder, She Wrote," "Cagney & Lacey" and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show."

She landed meatier roles, however, on daytime television in the late 1970s, playing a range of characters on "Days of Our Lives," "General Hospital" and "The Young and Restless."

Conley, who was divorced twice, is survived by her son, Raymond Woodson, and sisters Carol Fontana and Sharon Wilson.

Funeral arrangements were pending.

Archived