B&B: Actress Died last night

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MINE TOO! God, I remember being a little boy and my mother drawing the drapes closed in the middle of the afternoon to watch Y&R and B&B. I was always bored to tears with soaps at that young age, but everytime Sally popped on screen, I was just fascinated. I had no clue what was going on... I was too young. But I loved watching her. I loved hearing her speak, and I loved that bright red hair. She had such a presence that just made you watch, and I loved her.

I don't watch the show, but it was always comforting to know that she was still there, and if I so desired, I could flip the channel and there would be Sally, just as flamoyant and crazy and outrageous as ever. The bright red lips, the bright red hair. The way she said Brrrrrrooke's name.

This woman better get an incredible farewell! She is my youngest soap memory.

• Members

I was so looking forward to her coming back to B&B after her recovery maybe Sally finally getting a storyline after all these years, but it looks like that won't be happening...it's just such a sad thing to happen right now. She was one of the funnest actresses to watch in daytime because she was always guaranteed to give you a laugh. She was one of the best comedic actresses in soap history.

• Members

OH MY GOD!

My heart sank seeing this. God I loved that woman. Amazing and talented. B&B *wasted* her for years. Ugh. My god this is devastating. I'm in tears right now.

Wow.

My heart goes out to the family.

Oh my god!

Was there ever any word that she was even SICK? This seems so out of the blue! And she was 72? She looked DAMN GOOD for 72.

She will be terribly missed.

Wow. I'm just stunned.

• Members

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this TRUE? Because I am absolutuely devastated right now! My heart sunk when I read the title, and there are tears literally streaming down my face. Please somebody confirm that this is just a NASTY rumour. :(:(:(

[!@#$%^&*] HELL this CAN'T be true. :( :(

My condolences to her family, and Darlene Conley RIP, you will be missed you brilliant actress and vibrant woman!

• Members

I knew she was ill, but I thought she was the road to recovery. I checked SOD website but they are closed today for the holiday.

I am so saddened. Oh so sad.

My thooughts and prayers go out to all her family, friends and fans.

• Members

I have tears in my eyes. I so loved this woman. I have so many memories of her that go way back to when I was a child.

When I think B&B, I think Sally Spectra.

Flaming red hair, right 'til the end...

Heaven just got a whole lot brighter!

319813.jpg

• Members

CBS.com hasn't updated anything yet and her homepage at imdb.com has way too much traffic on it that I can't get on it.

What a career she has had. She is the only soap star to have a wax likeness at Madame Trussaud's in Las Vegas and Amsterdam.

Ms. Conley, you are now resting with the Angels

• Members

I'm trying to find the name of her manager, so that maybe I can call and get confirmation or something... I don't know.

Her Wikipedia profile says that she died on January 14th, 2007. They had the name of the dutch TV show that confirmed it with her manager, but they removed the name of the show within the last five minutes.

Archived