Y&R: Question about Lily recasting...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not to turn this into a DAYS discussion thread, but...

Definitely not true. I am one of DAYS' biggest fans and I can't stand couple-fans. Besides Bo and Hope, I don't think any of the couples on the show are destined. I only say Bo and Hope because of how they've been written for the last 20+ years. Any couple can be broken up and it pisses me off when fans want writers to write for couples and not characters. That's a big problem.

Who seriously left that really put a dent into the show? Jack and Jennifer? No. Austin and Carrie? No. Frankie? Not really. Lexie, Tek, Patrick and Bonnie are on their way out. Will it hurt the show? Not at all.

• Members

For me it does hurt the show. Jack, Jennifer, Lexie, Frankie and Bonnie were some of my favorites. I don't like Bo/Hope/, John/Marlena or Steve/Kayla and since they are so heavily featured it's not to me liking. I do love Sami/Lucas, but thats not enough. I think dumping Lexie and Frankie was a big mistake, they should've put the two together. That awful Billie should've been written off.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 2 2007, 04:22 PM)
Carmen's murder is still in the early stages and I'm enjoying it. Of course Devon didn't do it, but I love seeing him in a frontburner story for a change. Plus with Vincent Irizarry on the way the story will only get better (I hope).

I love LML and whoever else was involved for not even allowing my man to collect unemployment from ABCD! Going from one of the worst daytime shows to Y&R, which IMO is STILL the best (just watch AMC for a month and you'll see what I mean!), could prove to be the break of VI's career, as it was for Peter Bergman! :)

• Members

Chris B brought up another thing here with Devon that I forgot to mention that I love. That is another risk that I love that LML is taking.

While the other shows are either not using their African American characters or using them as tokens and not leading the story, LML has taken a whole AA family and put them front and center in a murder mystery. They are actually at the center of a whole story, and I love it.

And for that I love the Carmen Mesta story becaue of the Winters family. The story is not the best murder mystery at all but it features a huge amount of the cast and esp the Winters family is involved and I love watching how it affects them.

• Members

I think they are going to keep Dru and Neil back together for a little while. It is very true that one good thing about Y&R has been the Winters, as a family, have been put front and centre without being used as tokens. It is just sad that the family will no longer be united without Devetta. We'll continue to see a hole where the Winters daughter used to be.

• Members

Speak for yourself. I don't know why Lily hasn't been included in the Winters family scenes. None of us do. We're only making assumptions. With that said, I hope we start to see Khalil more involved. She has amazing father/daughter chemistry with Kristoff. It's like Dru and Neil adopt Devon and forget all about Lily. Great parenting, Winterses!

• Members

she is specking for herself & like her I see no family connection bewteen the Winters & This Lily. Davetta had chemistry with Dru who raised her & Neil. CK might have chemistry with Neil because they both played thier characters boring. Davetta brought life into that family.

Archived