Y&R Discussion:Week of January 1

• Members

I too think Bardwell is racist. He isn't going after Jack or Brad even though there is evidence against them also, especially Jack because his DNA is on Carmen's earring. He has it out for the Winters family. Ever since Carmen's body was found, they have been the only suspects on his radar. And you are right, if told right, that would be a good s/l.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You can tell that Michelle is loving doing these dual roles...Plus I can tell that Sheila has been studying Phyllis really well, to get down her mannerisms down like that (especially in the scene where Michael first sees her)...

What is going to be interesting is to see Michael freaking out everytime he sees the real Phyllis then encounters Pheila :lol:

I'm so tired of Colleen

• Members

The best thing about Phelia is that Michelle Stafford isn't playing old school Phyllis. She's playing SHEILA and Sheila acting like current Phyllis. You can tell she is really thinking about her performances and putting a lot of work into it. Something like the extremely one note Judith Chapman could learn a lot from her.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 3 2007, 09:23 PM)
The best thing about Phelia is that Michelle Stafford isn't playing old school Phyllis. She's playing SHEILA and Sheila acting like current Phyllis. You can tell she is really thinking about her performances and putting a lot of work into it. Something like the extremely one note Judith Chapman could learn a lot from her.

I really think Michelle has been watching tapes of Kimberlin as Sheila to get some of her mannerisms down. You can really see the difference between Phyllis and Sheila. When I see Sheila, I don't think that's Phyllis, I really think "that's Sheila" because Michelle plays the difference between the two characters well. I had someone who doesn't watch the show ask me if those were twins playing Phyllis and Sheila and I told them that it was one actress and they were shocked because you can see te difference between the two characters.

And Sheila talking to herself in the mirror was just creepy.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 3 2007, 12:13 PM)
The outdoor set when Daniel fixed Amber's tire was really nice and I wouldn't mind her stealing him from Lily. CK is just so dreadful and she's dragging MG down and preventing him from getting the stories he should be getting. Just imagine if Davetta were still around. Lily would've never been backburned and they wouldn't be deSORASing everyone to 12 to fit CK's ability. What happened to the strong, mature Colleen and Lily I'd gotten used to?

If there is one thing I can stand about CK's Lily is that she has good chemistry with MG and that is about the only time I can tolerate her is when she is with Daniel and I can't stand Amber's trampy behind.

• Members
I have to disagree. I don't think they have good chemistry, especially now. He and Davetta had a very mature and sensual chemistry, something he and Christel will never be able to pull off, IMO. Something about MG (whom I love) bothered me yesterday in his scenes with both Lily and Amber. He's a fantastic actor, but he seemed bored and somewhat disinterested in his scenes. Though, oddly enough I found Amber nearly tolerable next to him.

I agree, that would be very interesting if done right, yet I don't trust this writer to do anything right.

I love that Doug Davidson is being given something. I find that I really really like him.

Lastly, I find that I could care less about Phelia, though I'm lovin' Michael and Paul in all this.

• Members

Amber = FF material. Couldn't stand her on B&B, cannot tolerate her on this.

Paul is finally becoming sexy for the first time EVER. He must be thanking his lucky stars LML came along after Jack Smith kept him shackled to Bug for friggin' eternity.

• Members

Okay, major rant ALERT. And I mean MAJOR ALERT.

I was totally disgusted by Wednesday's show. It is probably one of THE worst episodes ever in 33 years of Y&R...

And no, I'm not talking about Pheila (Shesh!!!): Jack sending Ashley packing!? WTF!?

This makes zero sense. Ridiculous. Stupid. Those writers are totally incapable of anything but rewriting history. Jack loves Ashley - she's his little (middle) sister for haven's sake! He would do anything for Ashley! I was totally appaled and insulted as a longtime viewer.

This definitely crossed a line. LML is indeed keen on destroying teh Abbotts as it seems.

FUnny side-note for this mess of a show: My girlfriend was watching Y&R with me for the first time since September and was shocked by the lack of quality but we had a ball because of Amber...

Her: "Oh my gosh, is Amber sleeping her way through GC?"

Me: "Not yet"

*Amber on the show making go-goo eyes for Daniel...*

Her: "I knew it. She learned her lessons form Brooke you know..."

LOL!!!!

• Members

I think both MG and Thad are ready for some more mature storylines instead of all this teeny-bopper crap. Thad in particular needs to be bumped into a 20-something going on 30 something set. But there really is none on Y&R. That's been a long-standing problem on this show. Even Sharon Case and Josh Morrow for the longest time were the only representatives of this age group.

• Members

I don't see why they couldn't get rid of Will KnotsLandingGuy and keep Eileen FreakingGODDESS Davidson on in the first place because, God knows, there was enough chemistry between Ash and Jin to light a fire. Plus I would have been interested to see how ED and Vincent Irizarry spark together.

Poor Jack is going to be all alone. Sorry, but pairing him with Sharon just does not cut it for me.

Archived