Y&R Discussion:Week of January 1

• Members

1215.gif & Newyeardoll3.gif

We starts off the new year with discussion of Y&R....Although it won't be on till Tuesday, I'm posting the discussion this New Year's Day.

What's in store for us this week? Hmmm....Looks like 1796.gif Colleen is once again going to drop the bomb on J.T...um, didn't we see her do this once before already?

Also, Nick will feel Victor's wrath for telling a lie....(doesn't Nick learn from the best when it comes to the lying department?)...Kay confides in a very close friend regarding what she's done in the past? Will this person be able to help her? Paul and Lauren share a close moment (ummm, I don't think it's that folks :P )...

Ole Jack decides that he must keep up the charade and instructs someone to lie to Abby to save his neck..and someone plans for a move to Hong Kong :(

Also, look for Amber to strike up some conversation time with a certain young married Genoa City male ;)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very good show today!

Lauren and Paul

-Loved those scenes. I thought Paul and Lauren were great together in the past so I wouldn't mind them re-visiting it. I loved how Paul knew something was wrong with Lauren. Tracey Bregman is doing a great job with this story!

Katherine and Nikki

-Love when these two share scenes. Jeanne Cooper wasfabulous today, as was Melody as the supporting friend.

Phelia

-Phew. Atleast it didn't take up too much of the show. Enjoyed that last scene.

All and all a well balanced show to start of the New Year.

• Members

I'm already hating the Phyllis as Shelia storyline. :rolleyes: Such contrived b.s.

But I loved Lauren and Paul, felt like vintage Y&R for a few moments there. I love seeing Tracy's hair straight, she wears it that way so rarely.

As much as I hate the rewrite of Phllips life, I'm enjoying seeing Katherine and Jill so its worth it in the end. Jess and Jeanie are truly some of the best.

As for Amber...How this 28 year old girl brought down the maturity of even goofy as hell Lily and Colleen, I don't know. If I hear "LIKE" one more f-in time...

• Members

I think I just might start co-signing everything you post and save time. LOL!

I hope this story with Kay and Jill will give both of them Emmy nominations next year. Particularly Jeanne Cooper. Yeah, she got that Lifetime Achievement award, but she was robbed a couple years back for her alcoholism storyline. Someone give this grande dame a friggin' Emmy!

I enjoyed the Paul and Lauren scenes, too. There was energy there that I haven't seen from either character in a long time. It's not that I don't like Michael and Lauren, but it was nice to see Lauren get out of this funk she's been in lately and I haven't really been excited about Paul for a long time. I have a feeling now that he's become more interesting again, he might be killed off. Ain't that the way these things go?

Will someone please shoot Colleen and put me out of my misery. One minute, she's mad at JT for not be honest and upfront. Now, she's do the same thing and her wishy-washy tail is getting on my friggin nerve. Does she want Prof. Dorkbell or Dull T? Make your mind already and run off into the sunset with whomever you choose and never return.

I bet Amber just plain stank! LOL! Ewwww! I wouldn't want to be sitting next to her during that lecture... NO, bump that, I wouldn't want to be at that dreadfully boring lecture in the first place. I'm all art lectured OUT! And stop writing Amber like I toddler for Pete's sakes! For some reason, I was able to tolerate her antics over at B&B, but she just sticks out like a sore thumb on Y&R and it doesn't help that she's with three other annoying ninnys in Colleen, FauxLily, and Prof. Borell.

• Members

The year Jeanne won her Lifetime should have been the year she won Best Lead Actress for the mother/daughter story. Unfortunately Jeanne didn't put her name in the pre-nom slot, and Jess shockingly never got a pre-nom. But huge co-sign on her alcoholism story in 2004.

BTW I HATE the name Korbel! It's driving me reliquary!

• Members

I could say the same about you! :lol:

I agree, it really felt like some sort of old school romance going on between those Paul and Lauren and I enjoyed that very much. It was nice just seeing Lauren have fun again, and Paul not playing the doddering detective.

I am so sick of Kevin becoming the instantaneous computer whiz that can put tracking devices on a seasoned detective, break into servers and stel encrypted info from two major corporations. Give me a break please. :rolleyes:

Colleen is just all over the place, I guess she gets it from her daddy and his multiple lives and moods.

Seems like they will eventually revisit JT and Victoria, don't you think...

Amber is so far out there with the biitchiness, I mean it really comes from nowhere. :blink: She was just acting kuntish from the very jump, its even a departure from her B&B character. That Amber just whinned all the damn time and played the victim, but this one is playing the role of Superkunt as if she has an "S" on her chest.

• Members

I don't think TPTB no what the hell do to with Kevin. And it's a shame because Greg is a good actor. They should have just had him sent to jail, and Greg could have probably reprised the role (like CLB did) since they did nothing with him.

• Members

To be honest, I like Michelle Stafford, therefore I am most likely going to like her in something other than being the Stepford Wife to Nick...

Love the relationship of Paul and Lauren...Funny how she can confide in Paul about how she feels and yet keep things in check from Michael. Michael did have me laughing when he was looking on his computer to see what Paul was up to.

I'm really going to like the Kay/Jill storyline...It's about time Kay had a storyline that focuses on her past history with Jill.

I don't know why I laughed when Lily told Colleen to stop focusing on Korbel and focus on JT....I think it might have been because I know that Colleen lets everything she say (or anyone else for that matter) go in one ear and out the other. I am kinda looking forward to seeing Amber toss Colleen out in the wintery woods ala B&B :lol::lol:

Archived