Y&R Discussion:Week of January 1

• Members

I always like when the little folder thingie on this thread turns red. ANYway...

Oh yeah, I'm taking Jeanne Cooper's little [Katherine Chancellor]Dear God in Heaven![/Katherine Cooper] as a shout out to...well, me. Sh*t, I doubt that was scripted anyway. LOVED the Nikki and Kay scenes, when JC said they were like classic Y&R she wasn't far off, they were just plain good. I loved Nikki saying that she cried with Kay at Phillip's funeral, it rang true.

While watching those scenes I suddenly got this pang of...affection? For Paul. It totally threw me, Paul was actually likeable. It just did not compute. Not that I'd ever want them together but dang, they make some good friends.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally loved today's show of Y&R, it seemed like all of the storylines were being featured today, as many people know I love when a soap has tons of storylines playing during one show.

I loved the Kay/Nikki scenes, they even gave me goosebumps thinking about how good this storyline is going to be, I loved how it was done with out the super speed story telling and most of the dialogue was heard and not skipped over.

I totally loved the very last scene of the show with Mikey putting the device on Paul's car.

I also really loved the scenes of Paul and Lauren I can not even describe how much I love those two together and wish they would but them back together again. Lets face it Lauren and Paul have 500 more times chemistry than Lauren and Mikey do, I find them to be stale.

Other than that the rest of the show was good also, I even liked Korbell today, I really think him and Colleen would be good together, they have alot more chemistry together than Colleen and JT do.

• Members

Let me also co-sign, please!

The show was a mixed of heaven and hellll with the major focus on the latter.

Jeanne Cooper was so damn good and I think her and Jess Walton are realy pulling around this storyline and so far I'm willing to accept this new turn of events (But please: anyone who criticized B&B for rewriting history with Stephanie within 5 seconds acknoledge that Y&R is even worse - taht story is moving from zero to 1000 miles per hour within two episodes...). They just could have dragged it a little more.

Never been a huge Nikki-fan but always loved her scenes with the Duchess. It showed signs of Y&R-feel but the scenes were too short and hacked up - and WHERE ARE MY FLASHBACKS (Do only Colleen and Professor Ho-bell get those thgings anymore?)????

Paul & Lauren - Tracey Bregman was also spectacular - were equally great.

Still the rest. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Pheila talking to herself in the third person!? Adrian ho-ing his way through GC landscape!? Colleen grating on my last nerve!? Bland-Lilly showing up when no one expected her - WHY? LOL! JT being boring as ever and sharing some horrible scenes with UnVictoria. Will Stiffwell and this beyond boring murder investigation crap.

If it weren't for Jeanne Cooper I doubt I could have finished this episode. This must be a first that an actress seals her Emmy tape on the first date of the new year...

EDIT: How dare Prof Ho-Bell steal Olivia's apartment!? They didn't even bother to redecorate it - it was nearly the exact same set... So I guess Tonya Lee Williams is never going to be seen on Y&R after alll?

• Members

:lol::lol: Marland, that's perfect!

Sheilaforever, you have a good eye for detail. I'm gonna have to check that out next time. But, why do we need the good doctor who has connections with just about everybody when we can have the boring arse professor lecture about freakin' reliquaries and spread Amber-centric STDs throughout the co-ed population of Genoa City? :rolleyes:

• Members

^LOL! Everybody is loving Paul these days!

LOL! Nice to see Michael in character.

I'm going to MISS Eileen Davidson. But I HATE her Victor love. The way they wrote this makes it look like Ashley is leaving temporarily.

Nick THANK YOU for standing up to Victor.

• Members

I saw the full episode, but they kept cutting out and once my affiliate logo went up... <_<

Overall I thought this episode was fantastic and I'm back on the Y&R love train! Phelia continues to be an absolute delight, I cannot wait until she escapes and what Lauren's reaction will be! They did an excellent job writing for Michael today. Loved them remembering his relationship with Phyllis, pulling her hair, etc. It was nice to see them mention Paul's mom yesterday as well.

The outdoor set when Daniel fixed Amber's tire was really nice and I wouldn't mind her stealing him from Lily. CK is just so dreadful and she's dragging MG down and preventing him from getting the stories he should be getting. Just imagine if Davetta were still around. Lily would've never been backburned and they wouldn't be deSORASing everyone to 12 to fit CK's ability. What happened to the strong, mature Colleen and Lily I'd gotten used to?

I HATE the way they're writing Ashley because Jack did nothing wrong. I just have to keep hoping Gloria will be revealed and Jack can be redeemed.

• Members

The way they are writing Paul now has made up for the nearly 5+ years that they have turned him into a sideline goon. He is ROCKING this.

I hate the Shelia storyline premise, but I will say Michelle is doing a good job of mimicking Kimberlin. However, that is all it is, Mimicking. The actors are doing a great job with this idiotic premise though, they are on fire, Mike, Paul, Lauren, Phyllis...

Victor :rolleyes: STFU. You are not God and everything isn't your damn business.

Brad has every right to be furious with Nick for blabbing to Phyllis, who can't hold water.

JT should eat the pasta he offered Colleen in celebration that he is rid of her azz.

Looks like the last few scenes with Eileen are near. SIGH.

Archived