2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are James Harmon Brown and Barbara Esesten gone from DAYS already? I noticed they were not listed as script editors in the credits of today's Canadian DAYS episode....

That was quick. Perhaps they've been working at AMC longer than previously thought.

• Members

I don't get how two script editors can be responsible for other than the dialog and flow of scenes. If they were consultants... I'd buy them having more power but all they were, were free lancing script editors.

People just don't want to admit that perhaps Hogan Scheffer isn't as good of writer as he is cracked up to be. I think what you are seeing now is because the ratings tanked, fans bitched and Corday stepped in.

• Members

True. I guess I am kind of contradicting myself LOL.

But weren't they also storyline consultants there? I dunno. Its just my general feeling Hogan is the main reason why DAYS has had its troubles. But yes it has imrpoved drastically, and B&E are still ther (or were up until today if they really were uncredited) He's still putting the pen to th paper.

• Members

^They were listed as only Co-Script Editors on OLTL, well at least according to SON's very own profile of them.

I've never been too found of Hogan myself. I found his last two years on ATWT deplorable and in many ways, responsible for some of the crap JPiss would carry out. I think the main reason he worked so well on ATWT during his first two years can be contributed to Carolyn Culliton, once she left, everything seemed to fall apart.

I will never understand how Hogan's won as many Emmy's as Bill Bell and more than Douglas Marland.

• Administrator

Cherie Bennett & Jeff Gottesfeld are now starting to write breakdowns. I guess they switched positions with Marina Alburger.

Y&R:

- Cherie Bennett & Jeff Gottesfeld first listed as Associate Head Writers on June 6

• Members

Thanks for the clarification. I won't critisize people now for saing DAYS is better without thm. Some writers fit with certain shows, some don't. IMO Hogan does not fit with DAYS. Hogan's last major story at ATWT was horrendos. Jack/Julia BAD!

Archived