2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

:lol: Too funny!

Well, Robert can rejoice. Agenda L. Beall and Marla Kanelos most likey ain't goin' no damn where now that the whole Port Charles family has pretty much been reunited. :rolleyes: Cowudders, Agenda, Hayes, Kanelos, B&E... ay Dios Mio! I wouldn't be surprised if Mike Cohen winds up over here, too. <_<

But I still save room for hope, since nothing's ever guaranteed. ;)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if Anthony Morina is going to come on as a full time director? He did twp episodes surrounding the satin slayer reveal and then two episodes again this week.

I don't mind him. But yes Carruthers has made AMC Port Charles 2 for sure, in terms of staff.

• Members

Here we go again...

Another Y&R scribe gets the boot!?

Although I haven't seen any word yet and she has net yet written a script for B&B, it seems Janice Ferri Esser was let go from Y&R. B&B's official website lists her as a scriptwiter in their credit section which means she won't be working for Y&R anymore...

Ferri Esser has been with Y&R for nearly two decades and been honored with 2 WGAwards and 3 Emmys out of numerous nominations as part of the shows writing team.

If true, another horrendous move by LML and great job by Brad Bell who already has daytime's best writing staff, IMO.

• Members

Googled for larger pics...

2124_3264.jpg

Josh McCaffrey (now on B&B), Natalie Minardi Slater, John Smith (fired), Kay Alden (fired), Sara Bibel, Janice Ferri (to-be-fired/join B&B), Saundra Weintraub, Marc Hertz (fired) and Sally Sussman (fired) of The Young And The Restless, winners for Best Wrtiting Team for A Drama Series at the 33rd Annual Daytime EMMY Awards.

2124_3304.jpg

Natali Minardi

2124_3279.jpg

Janice Ferri

2124_3315.jpg

Josh McCaffrey

2124_3293.jpg

Sara Bibel

2124_3312.jpg

Sandra Weintraub

• Administrator

Another one gone. Only two writers are left from the Bell era - Natalie Slater and Eric Freiwald.

Let's review who left since LML took over as HW (I estimated the # of years):

- Marc Hertz (2.5 years)

- Trent Jones (16 years)

- Jim Houghton (16 years)

- Sally Sussman Morina

- Kathryn Foster (21 years)

- John F. Smith (28 + years)

- Kay Alden (30 years)

- Joshua S. McCaffrey (7 years)

- Ed Scott (24 + years)

- Janice Ferri Esser (16 years)

These Y&R vets are dropping like flies! It's really sad. Y&R used to be so stable. It was the one show that kept its core, its roots and they always promoted from within.

Natalie Slater is next.

Archived