2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Zeidman has directed a few times in the past couple of years.

Camera Ops don't usually get a chance to direct though. It's usually Associate Directors or Stage Managaers who get a chance to direct.

• Members

I'm not Toups, but...

A good resource to go watch is Biography's (A&E) episode on ALL MY CHILDREN. They show how one show is made -- from the writing process, to the production process. They followed Conal O'Brien around as he directed a show. It takes him a couple of days to plan out a show he will direct (the camera shots and angles for every scence, and the blocking). It looks like difficult work to sort out and visualize every scene like that! He also attended the weekly production meeting with the executive producer and the different departments (hair, makeup, lighting, etc.) to make sure everyone was on the same page.

No, no, and no. Although directing and editing are very closely linked. What the director chooses for shots will be used in post-production as they edit, obviously.

• Administrator

Looks like Paula Cwikly didn't leave afterall. She was just taken off the everday day credits because she was replaced by Benard Lechowick who is back after a hiatus.

Y&R:

- Benard Lechowick first listed as Creative Consultant on May 2

- Benard Lechowick first listed as Associate Head Writer on May 2

• Administrator

Paula is still an Associate Head Writer (they are also known as breakdown writers). She's now just not listed in the everyday credits. I prefer it this way cause now we know when which episode she actually wrote for.

Archived