2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I really should be doing is consulting the great resource archive Toups has here for this stuff LOL.

I think you are right. I think they were credited with co-creating it with Wendy Riche and wrote for the first few months before Lynn Marie Latham came in in what late 1997?

• Members

I just waited for someone to write the show was a farrago of boredom and triteness! I wish daytime executives got rid of all these superb writers... Hire someone new, someone younger than at least 30. Carolyn is OK, multiple times it was mentioned she was the one responsible for Hogans ‘glory’ days at As the World Turns, but that's it, I wouldn't give her a HW stint. Enough was said about Richard.

• Members

:lol: Poor DK.

Courtney Bugler continues to pop out the scripts at AMC. Perhaps that alleged "insider" info regarding her as being a relative of Megan's was another little tidbit that proved to be untrue.

• Members

Here's what a story producer does in reality television. This is a very common title in Australia and in the UK, so some board members from those parts can tell us in a greater detail what does the job entail (Dominic Treadwell-Collins is, eg., now a series story producer on EastEnders, and I believe he's totally in charge of storylines and script department). However, I know what a script producer is.

• Members

LMAO! Seriously! That "insider" said that not only was she a relative, but Little Miss Hot Mess had already written her last work as of August of last year! So... I totally wouldn't be surprised if Bugler wasn't a McTavish-in law at all!

But speaking of Hot Mess's dialog writing... Did you not HEAR that awful beach metaphor Ryan used with Annie on Friday!?? :blink: Ugh!

• Members

Oh god yes! That whole "beacH' scene just made me go WTF. I mean I do enjoy Ryannie... but that was just too much.

Proof that even without McT as a driving force Courtney is still in fact, a Hot Mess! :lol:

She wrote back to back scripts! Egads. What's next a week of Casey Child's unsteady directing? I'll take the pepto bismal now thank you!

• Members

Lord, have mercy, baby... here it goes...

RYAN: Well, you remember -- before we got married?

ANNIE: When you took me away to the beach.

RYAN:
That
is just geography. You see, that time where it was just you and me and the ocean -- we'd never had time like that before, ever, and it was just -- it was incredible.

ANNIE: It was amazing.

RYAN: And time like that is going to be hard to come by very often, you know, with children and exes and work and just life. Life happens, and most of it's good, but some of it is hard. And when it gets hard, people -- they're going to try to crowd us and try to push us off our beach.

ANNIE: So, steal some sand?

RYAN: Steal some sand -- Steal some moments. You think about it -- Each grain of sand -- you know, individually -- is very rough and hard and sharp and really not all that pretty, you know? But when you put them all together, you get this beautiful beach, this beautiful, soft, smooth beach. So I -- I guess what I'm trying to say is
when things get crazy, we just got to put together the sand, you know, take our beach back.
I love you, and I know that we're going to be able to stay on the shore. I know that no matter how rough the waters get, you just got to fight with me.

That entire last speech given by Ryan had me like :blink: WTF?! "I know that we're going to be able to stay on the shore... no matter how rough the waters get..."

Um... if your ass is on the shore, what do rough waters have to do with anything? YOU'RE ALREADY ON THE SHORE!!!

That was just a horrible, horrible, horrible speech.

• Members

Yes, they did co-HW the great early months of PC, with work airing till about late September or early October 1997. After them came the first time Lynn Marie Latham ruined a soap.

wikipedia also credits Carolyn with co-HWing at GH too, possibly based on one of Toups's entries at SON, but I think that's wrong. I don't remember seeing her name in the credits.

The Cullitons also were on staff together at AW in 1984-1986 and in 1998-1999, with Richard headwriting for part of the time in both those stints, but they were not co-HWs.

A new headwriter under 30? Interesting idea, Sylph. But David Kreizman is kind of like that, and some people constantly bash him in part because of his youth.

Archived