ATWT: Discussion for Week of December 18

• Members

If I could have seen ONE scene at Bob and Kim's house (which doesn't exist) between Nancy, Bob, Tom and Casey - four generations of Hughes (yes, Passanante, that's Hughes), I would have been SO happy. Jean P. said she didn't know all the history but you'd think she knows she has a goldmine of multi-generational characters, but I guess not.

What a crummy Christmas show. I am not surprised though.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I cannot believe ATWT the one soap exclusively about family, didn't have a Christmas episode! I truly am stunned, how can you not have Christmas?! The assholes running the show just can't defend this crap anymore! There are a TON of Hughes on the show right now and could easily be featured. Then there is the large extended Snyder family, but they didn't utilize it.

Paul's dream was just shameful. Roger Howorth gave the worst performance of his career. Are they lowering their standards to make way for Austin Peck?

The one positive is that Vienna is still a goddess. She has totally saved Mike for me and now I'm devestated that he is leaving.

• Members

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chris B @ Dec 22 2006, 09:36 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Paul's dream was just shameful. Roger Howorth gave the worst performance of his career. Are they lowering their standards to make way for Austin Peck?

I have to agree RH was horrible today, he can't cry and his facial expressions were just horrible, funny thing is the only people that liked today's show were the Paul fans not one of them have a negative thing to say about today's show(infact most say it was the best show of the year, The Paul and Emily fans were happy because Pauly saw baby Jenny and the Paul and Meg fans were happy that Meg saved his live. Oh wait the Katie fans like today's show also. So I guess unless we fans love Paul and Katie we can just go to hell according to JP, well I say [!@#$%^&*] JP. This is why I hate fanbases, these Paul fans probably write 10000 letters a week to make sure JP here's them, and then the Gwen fans do the same, and Katie fans do the same and all we end up with is the Katie, Gwen, Paul-Craig show.

Did anyone notice that all of JP's favorite characters made it onto today's show. Gwen/Will/Paul/Craig/Katie/Carly/Simon/Dusty/Emily/Meg not one of her favorites were missing, but the rest of the cast sure as hell was.

And for those fans thinking there will be a more christmas shows next tuesday forget about it, today was the christmas show, all spoilers point to the contunation of the storylines again, Christmas is over in Oakdale.(not that it ever started).

• Members

The only thing I liked about today's episode was the commercials!!

I mean...no Nancy, Bob, Kim, Margo, Tom, Lisa?! COME ON, JEAN! Get it together!! We didn't even see Lily and Holden.

And the nuParker, , nuJ.J., nuSage, nuEveryChildInOakdaleBornBefore2003...they're all horrible!!

• Members

I'm really put-off by all the kids being aged. It makes me mad b/c the main focus on the show keeps going towards younger and younger characters.

It's also really sad b/c most of the other soaps did good X-Mas/Holiday episodes, while ATWT gave us this junk. :angry: I barely watch the show now...but whenever I tune in, it's like nothing's changed. That's really sad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

PEPPERKAKE!! I love Vienna, and Mike/Vienna are kinda adorable. Swedish, Norwegian... s'all the same right? ;) PEPPERKAKE! RØMMEGRØT! Kudos to the actors for saying it somewhat similar. And wow, it actually looked like pepperkaker too! Love those, and when Vienna said she could smell the spices... I went into the kitchen and grabbed myself a heart with M&Ms and gummypeople on it.

Archived