The SUPERB "Cate Blanchett"

OneLife Fan

• Members

Man..this woman is phenomenal!! EVERY movie she is in..she always delivers an awesome performance. Even if the movie is cheesy or whatever..Cate's acting saves the movie in some way!! She was sensational in Elizabeth!! She should have won Best Actress at the Oscars instead of Gweneth Paltrow. I LOVED her in The Gift. The whole cast for the movie was great!! In Bandits she played an offbeat character. She was so funny and yet dramatic. Cate was superb in Veronica Guerin. I think she was snubbed of an Oscar nomination for that movie. Then FINALLY we see her up for another Oscar for The Aviator..and she won Supporting Actress!! That was the icing on my cake..let me tell ya!! Blanchett has recieved many circle awards and nominations throughout the movie industry in practically every movie she has been in. For me..i think she is the next Bette Davis,Katherine Hepburn,and Joan Crawford. Cate Blanchett is an extraordinary powerful actress. She is a lovely woman and one heck of an actress!! I just love her!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Cate Blanchett is my favorite actress!

My favorite Cate movie: ELIZABETH! She was absolutely brilliant in that movie, and it was a crime she didn't win the Oscar for that performance(Gweneth Paltrow just doesn't compare to Queen Cate).

I was so pleased she won the Academy Award for THE AVIATOR - What a brilliant portrayal of Katherine Hepburn. :D:D

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I watched paradise Road the other day and Cate was in it. An early role from 1997..however she was fantastic!! Man..can this women ever be boring and deliver a cheesy performance? LOL....i dont think so sweety's!! THis women is always superb!! She is the next Bette Davis and Katherine Hepburn!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Samantha Morton has been cast as Mary Queen of Scots apparently, which is a rather good casting addition!I was dissapointed by Elizabeth as it was historically inaccurate in many places (I'm a Tudor buff who knows his [!@#$%^&*]!) but i'm hoping the sequel will be better. The Elizabeth/Mary dynamic is truly FASCINATING, these are two women that were so strong in their own ways. Whilst im not a huge admirer of Blanchett, her Elizabeth I portrayel was very good.

I'm hoping the sequel will satisfy my expectations.

Archived