DAYS: Will Rumor Laid to Rest

• Members

how about as good as Ali Sweeney was at his age? Or Rachel Melvin, Ashley Benson, Farah Fath, Kimberly McCullough, Kristen Alderson, Kate Ritchie, and any other actor/actress we've seen grow up on screen. The kid sucks!

It's true though. He's hunched over. He's got beety little eyes. And hair that looks like a bad wig.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's not as good as Ali Sweeney, Kristen Alderson or Kimberly McCullough were at his age and younger. I'd agree that Ashley Benson is better too. Rachel Melvin is good (but I don't know anything about her acting when she was 15, she's 20 btw). Never heard of Kate Ritchie, whoever that is. Farah Fath is annoying sometimes, and only fair at acting most of the time, plus she's around 22, so by the time Chris Gerse gets that old, he may be far better, he's about on par, or just under Fath IMHO.

Attacking a teen on his looks is evil IMHO. I think Gerse did fit as Lucas's son, until he started that growth spurt and is now taller than Bryan Dattilo, but sometimes that happens in real-lifee, where the kid is taller than the father. I went to school with some who were and I have some cousins who fit this bill as well.

I agree with those who said they liked the Will before Gerse better, I think that was Darren Weiss if I'm remembering correctly. He did look like he could be Ali Sweeney's son. I remember being sorry that he was axed.

• Members

Farah Fath has been with Days since she was 15. And like her or not, you cannot deny even she is better than Gerse.

Kate Ritchie is Sally Fletcher on Australia's Home and Away, playing her for 18 years, beginning when she was 10. Infact, most of the cast of that show ranges 15-18, and all outshine Gerse.

Sarah Michelle Gellar started on AMC at 16.

Christie Clark ...

Melissa Reeves ... 17 on Santa Barbara

the guy and girl playing Gail's kids on Coronation Street, also grew up on screen, and the girl handled a pregnancy story around the age of 12-13.

Hence ... why should I give Christopher Gerse a break because he's 16 when all these other people I've mentioned have done it far better at the same age. It's even worse for Gerse as far as I'm concerned considering he's had 3 years to figure Will Roberts out and still hasn't and has had daytime greats like Ali Sweeney and Bryan Dattilo to learn from.

• Members

The height thing doesn't bother me because I am a foot taller than my mom and 5 inches taller than my dad so it does happen. It doesn't help that Ali is 5'4 or less and Bryan is short for a guy around 5'7/5'8. Also, there are those kids that don't favor their mom or dad very much at all, so I could even bypass that as well. Christopher Gerse looks very awkward on screen and IMO isn't cut out to be an actor and would like for his character to be recast ASAP. Will could and should be a great character being the son of the great Sami Brady, but I don't see that happening with CG in the role.

• Members

I like Gerse and think he makes a believable teenager. I like that he looks a bit awkward. It makes a nice change from the underwear models they tend to cast in these roles. I doubt he could manage a story like this but he's done a capable job with the material they've given him.

Err, YES...I CAN. :lol:

• Members

Does any actor know when s/he are about to be fired? Or the direction of the storyline before s/he reads it in the script? Maybe Dee Hall knows about her storylines b/c she is the star of Days, but I doubt any of the other actors on Days knows how Hogie plans to write for their characters in the future.

So, quite frankly, I don't care what Chris Gerse's fan club president or Chris Gerse himself has to say about whether he will be fired in the future or whether Hogie plans to write a gay storyline for Will. I'm sure Shayna Rose knew right before she was let go that she was going to be fired too. Renee Jones too, right? LOL!! Yeah, sure you right....

I know people are really upset with the thought that Days can have an actual gay character on the show (not some stupid stereotype like Harold) or that even there might be a male-male rape in one of the storylines. But good grief!! People need to get over it and face the fact that we live in 2006, not 1956...

IMHO, if the show wants to give Will a teen storyline instead of him acting as a foil in the Lumi relationship, they're going to have to recast. If they want him to get involved in drugs or have him as an outsider with other kids in his school beating up on him or even falling in love with someone (boy or girl), the show is going to have to find a new actor to play the part. CG just doesn't have the range to perform much of anything but a very limited role as Lumi's foil. I hope one of the 3 actors SOW mentioned will be fired IS Chris Gerse. I never liked him in the Will role EVER. I preferred his 2 predecessors MUCH better. I think it was a BIG mistake that the show recast Will with Chris Gerse but it's done now.

It's time to get a new actor to play the Will role that will have facial expressions and deliver lines that actually match the script before him. Wow!! What a concept that would be to have a dynamic performer work with Bryan and Ali in the Lumill scenes....

Please Corday/Hogan make it happen...

• Members

IA with ademption, while I don't think Gerse is bad, they can't keep aging all of these characters and leaving Will behind, like what they did with Abby.

Also Gerse was as good as fired once and then they re-hired him, remember?

Archived