AMC: Another vet OUT!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Final nail in the coffin for McTrash. Brooke is AMC royalty. Its disgusting that the talentless hack has failed to come up with 1 storyline for Barr to carry since McT came back in 2003. I'm shocked.

Barr's far too talented for AMC in its current state but its a sorry state of affairs to see one of the show's greatest stars and arguably its greatest actress just leave.

• Members

Sadly I don't see that happening. I don't see her ever switching coasts so that leaves out Days, Passions, Y&R or B&B. I don't think the NBC soaps would have the budget now to hire a star of her calliber anyway. If GL gets Vincent Irizarry that will get a big part of their budget. And I just don't think that ATWT has that big of a budget for casting either. They usually hire vets but only vets of say Jeff Meek or Marie Wilson who are soap veterans but still not that well known or popular. I think gone are the days of them picking up someone like Cady McClain, Hunt Block or Mary Beth Evans like they have in the past.

• Members

This is really, really sad news. And it makes me so angry that TIIC want to put her on recurring but they keep around Colby, Sean, Annie, Josh, etc. :angry: Brooke is just as important part of AMC's history as Erica is, IMHO. I just wonder who will be the next to go.

• Members

As I stated in another post, this show is on it's last leg and this just proves it. First Jill Larson and Tonya P. are reduced to recurring status and then VI is let go and now Julia Barr. What's next? When it's tme for Susan Lucci to renew her contract is AMC gonna ask her to be recurring? I wouldn't put it past these fools.

• Members

Not a huge shock. Julia Barr will be missed greatly but I am proud of her for not accepting the recurring status offer. Not giving Frons the satisfaction. Julia was doomed the day Frons took over, that became quite evident. An AMC without Brooke is hard to picture :(:(

• Members

That's F U C K I N G horrible and I am not even a frequent AMC watcher. There best actress is bailing out, damn I feel sorry for AMC. ALthough most speculated this, it's still awful to know that a thirty year veteran is leaving. Hopefully AMC will give her a great send off.

• Members

"It has been a wonderful job for me on every level, and a great ensemble of actors with whom I had the pleasure to work. I am so proud to have been a part of a show that was once a television icon. I want the fans to know how much I truly appreciate all of their love, support, loyalty and enthusiasm over the years."

I oved how she said, now I'm reading between the lines here, that the show TOTALLY SUX! ha!

Archived