AMC: Another vet OUT!

• Members

If that is true, I think I'm going to be sick. And no one, NO ONE is hearing/seeing this? No one is willing to step in backhand MMT if they have too, to get that damn pen from her? Why is the woman allowed to continue to do this to our show? There's going to be nothing left of AMC come the New Year. And honestly, I'm not all that upset anymore. I myself am ready to grab a fictional gun, and put it out of it's misery. :( I can not believe this is the show I used to ache for. That I used to run home from school to watch. That I used to go crazy about during the weekend, Monday couldn't get here fast enough. Now, I just want someone to step in and say enough is a enough, and put us all out of our misery. She keeps this up, and there's going to be nothing left to save.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't know David and Julia were such good friends. But I thought that he had already renewed his contract. I wonder if he really is that unhappy with the show. Maybe the question should be is anyone happy on AMC right now. I kind of doubt it. Especially after this news.

• Members

Am I the only one who thinks that Megan McTavish is probably just as upset with this as we are? I can't see her wanting this. My belief is it was way out her hands.

For whatever reason Julia told some fans at the AMC luncheon a a few years back that Megan wanted her gone (or so the word is) but if she did say that I think she was mistaken.

It'll be interesting (and very sad) to see what she says in her SOD interview.

• Members

I can't believe Megan wants this either. She always loved writing for the vets. Opal, Palmer, ect. Didn't she write Brooke and Tad? She loved incorperating them (vets) into stories. I think she always wrote for Brooke. I think this was Frons personally. I don't think he wants vets at ABC. Didn't he say "Who wants to see an over the hill actress in a love story" back a while ago in 02?

I think besdies Cady, Micheal, David and Susan no one else is safe.

I do think Megan wanted to write for Brooke. I think it was Frons interference personally. But JMO.

• Members

There is NO way in hell that I'm going to let MMT off the hook for this, NONE. Sure Frons is ultimately respoinsible, but I am not for one second going to believe that this woman doesn't wield any power. Josh anyone? He was her idea. She got permission from AN, supposedly. It was all her. If she can make a decision like that, if she can decide one day that she wants to over turn the first legal abortion in Television history, without so much as a peep from Frons, she could write for a vet. Period. She is not some innocent victim in all of this. She's not Frons' tool. She wields as much responsibitly for the state of AMC, if not more, then Frons does, IMO.

• Members

Really? That's the first I've heard of that.

She can't be one of the reasons Krystal got Brooke's story, because she wrote the story for Brooke! Unless she was having arguments with herself, ala Jonathan/Braden.

Brooke was almost always frontburner under McTavish the last 2 times with the exception of the second half of her 98 stint because the Dimitri/Brooke pairing didn't go over as well as she'd hoped.

• Members

I too attribute this more to Brian Frons than Megan McTavish (I don't doubt she had a say in it). The fact remains that women of a certain age, shape, and/or demeanor have been targeted since Frons took over as President of ABC Daytime. Ask. Genie Francis...... Marcy Walker...... Finola Hughes........ Hilary B. Smith....... Kristina Wagner ......... Catherine Hickland

• Members

From what I heard Bobbie wanted out of her jail cell and Bruno pushed for it and it happened. That's when Krystal was "given Brookes story". I don't know the specifics but I guess since Bobbie wanted to work with David Megan rerouted storyline to give a Krystal/Adam pairing.

But I just don't believe Megan would do that without giving Brooke something as well. The whole thing seems to be perception and rumor. But JMO.

• Members

Anyone remember when Frons first came on there was list circulating of actors he planned to axe? Everyone kind of laughed at it like "haha yeah like he's going to get away with letting all those people go".

Well it happened right according to plan.

• Members

This is completely asinine.

Never thought I would leave my first soap. The one I was so proud to know so much about. Yet, as things keep getting worse, I just had to break free.

Good for you Julia Barr on telling those idiots she would not take that.

I do not know what could keep me there anymore.

Here's hoping AMC falls below Passions in the ratings. They deserve it. :angry:

• Members

Aggie is out too! Ok, I am bawling, I am grown man and I am crying. Why? Why has this happened? I moved around the world when I was younger, and AMC was always there when I came back to the states for summer vacation, or when we abruptly moved back.. it was a constant as grandma's apple pie. Loosing AMC like this, the faces, the heart of the show is like loosing a part of my soul. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do at all.

Archived