• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

Breaking News

Julia Barr

—ABC

Julia Barr Exiting ALL MY CHILDREN

30 years after joining the Pine Valley ranks, two-time Daytime Emmy winner Julia Barr is leaving ALL MY CHILDREN when her contract expires in December.

The actress opted to leave rather than accept the show's offer to remain as a recurring player. She said in a statement, "It has been a wonderful job for me on every level, and a great ensemble of actors with whom I had the pleasure to work. I am so proud to have been a part of a show that was once a television icon.�I want the fans to know how much I truly appreciate all of their love, support, loyalty and enthusiasm over the years."�As for her future plans, she added, "There are a few things I am considering and a whole new chapter ahead, which I am looking forward to."���

This SUCKS big time :angry:

• Members

P&G have their own actors and actresses that they treat or have treated the same way. I rather see P&G write for them or bring them back rather then go after another talent that was jilted by ABC.

That would require ATWT to pick up the pen and actually write a story for CZP so it won't happen.

• Members

[!@#$%^&*] ABC, [!@#$%^&*] Brian Frons, [!@#$%^&*] Megan McTavish and [!@#$%^&*] the people who are over Brian Frons' head. Do you know how insulting it is to be on contract for YEARS and then get the measly offer to be on recurring? I seriously have NO kind words for All My Children. I am so sick of the veterans being treated like second and third class citizens. I'd much rather see Brooke fighting with Erica for the 3 millionth time than see Colby [!@#$%^&*] Chandler and her god damn teen friends stinking of my screen.

I have nothing kind to say about AMC anymore. NOTHING. This treatment is just wrong.

[!@#$%^&*] AMC.......

I am 20 years old. I'm in their "coveted" demographic and I LOVE me some veterans. Fans should boycott the show. Julia deserves a lot better than what AMC was giving her. People like her, Jill Larson, Tonya Pinkins and other vets who have been horribly mistreated by these [!@#$%^&*]ing assclowns and [!@#$%^&*] [!@#$%^&*] [!@#$%^&*][!@#$%^&*] [!@#$%^&*] who allow those [!@#$%^&*]ing assclowns to run the show shoudl all be fired.

• Members

AMC is done.

Anyone who doesn't believe that really needs a reality check. Brian wants it gone and he's going to get it I guarantee it. And sooner than even I predicted a while back.

Anyways I'll let everyone go back to their little bubbles of believing that Burton Armus is going to come save AMC.

• Members

Absolute [!@#$%^&*] word. The fact that they let it come to this is the most insulting thing. Brooke English is a daytime insitution and now she is no longer going to be on screen.

ABC, Frons, the whole lot are completely out of touch with their audiences and this just continues to send that message. Its almost as if they want the soaps to be dead because with more moves like this, they are slowly heading to that point.

• Members

This is becoming surreal at this point. I know I 'itched and moaned about all my Reggie and Dani being misused...but this is on another level. I really don't understand how AMC could allow all of their great talent to just go away...they should do whatever the heck they can to keep characters that at the very least have been on the show for more than 10 years.

When will these ABCD soaps realize that the history of the characters and the familiarity of characters keep people tuning in. It is very rare for new characters to cause fans to tune in. This is sad news and I think this makes me more sad than any AMC news in the past 3 years.

I should have known that when they basically PUSHED Brooke out of the romance with Adam and LIED about their summer, that it was only a matter of time. This is totally unacceptable and forget McTavish...they need to start at the top and work their way down...Frons is the first head to roll and then proceed as follows.

• Members

ABC just keeps getting worse.

There is no hope for AMC or OLTL. I think this is only just the beginning of the worst there is to come.

This is the reason why I quit ABC daytime and have not returned in over a year. I will not return for their little sweeps gimmicks or anything for that matter until changes are made and this kind of change is NOT one of them.

Poor Julia Barr. I LOVE her and I am glad she told them to stick it. Her quote is fantastic. I knew this was coming because it has been rumored for awhile and she never did get the story she was promised. I mean, seriously, they couldn't come up with one story for her? :angry:

This is disgusting...good luck to Julia. I hope she finds work elsewhere where she will be appreciated.

• Members

Even if there's a new HW and/or EP which there won't be there's nothing left. There is absolutely no hope for AMC anymore. It's simply of time before the plug gets pulled. I give it 3 years max.

I don't care how dumb people think Frons is you don't offer Julia Barr recurring. Even he knows that. Reliable people reported in 2003 that Frons wanted to cancel AMC. It's not going to be "ooopsy I messed up and now AMC is no more". This is what he wants. Something got in the way in 2003, probably Felicia Behr, but whatver it was clearly no longer a factor.

Archived