AMC: Another vet OUT!

• Members

Offering her “recurring” is completely disrespectful and asinine. I truly LOVE that she decided to leave rather than accept it! Are these bastards that clueless? Yes, I rather see all these flakey new characters and actors than Brooke! I rather see NuColby than an Emmy winning actress. And the HIGH ratings certainly show that! heh!

Yes, she was hardly on anyway, but it's the principle.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ICAM Steve, I was looking forward to the upcoming changes. I thought Brooke, Palmer & Opal would at least get some sort of story, but nooooo

AMC was on it's last leg, and that leg has finally broke. I just don't care anymore!

It would be like Y&R letting Jeanne Cooper walk, ATWT getting rid of Kat Hays, or DAYS firing Suzanne Rogers. You just don't sh*t on a 30 year vet like that! especially when they're healthy and capable of leading a front burner story. I don't see how anyone can defend this?

My first memories of any soap was Brooke about to be raped while The Police's 'Every breath you take' played. :(

F YOU Frons, McT, or whomever is responsible for this

• Members

Oh dear god in heaven it's happened, it's finally happened.

I've lost the will to actually care about anyone leaving a soap anymore.

I thought that with Barr it'd be different, that I'd feel a twinge of sadness or even a hint of anger.

But...nothing.

I appreciate her time with the show, and wish her well. But if you ask me, she was smart to leave the ship before it really sinks. And I'm pretty sure it will. There's still a few more vets to shoot off (Joe, Palmer, Myrtle). Adam and Erica are untouchable. At least they like us to believe that. Might as well change the name of the show to "All Children".

Al

• Members

I know this is an AMC thread, but I am glad to hear you say that. I was so shocked when the Days fans were talking about the cuts that needed to be made to Days, and nearly all of them wanted Suzanne Rogers to go recurring, and seemed to have no problem with it. I am not sure if many fans just don't understand what recurring means and thought it was okay or what. But as I have said and any performer will tell you RECURRING IS THE SAME THING AS BEING FIRED. It is actually even worse. With being fired at least you know you are done and can move on. With recurring they are saying well we are not going to pay you a salary anymore, and you are not going to ahve any benefits, but if we decide we want to use you one day we will call you.

I am glad Julia Barr said no - you aren't going to use me. More power to her, and if Suzanne Rogers gets cut to recurring I hope she will do the same thing.

I would add to your lists too, that this is just as bad as what Days did to Susan Hayes and Bill Hayes in the 80's. Those 2 carried that show through so many bad times, and then all of a sudden in the 80's they were relegated so back burner. For a long time I thought they were both fired, but Matt told me that they both chose to leave because of the way the show was treating them. I say more power to them. And more power to Helen Wagner who quit ATWT because of stuff like this. And more power to Ellen Dolan who spoke out against how her character is being treated at ATWT. And now more power to Julia Barr.

• Members

Whoa I just got some really juicy Agnes Nixon news. I can't confirm this myself obviously but its from someone I trust at one of the magazines.

Apparently Agnes has severed all ties with AMC. Not that she was really involved at all anymore but she won't do anything in regards to the show anymore. The magazine contacted her for her comment and she said SHE has severed all ties with the show.

Her "Created By" credit might be removed :o

• Members

They let Julia Barr walk away, and MMT isn't going anywhere? The the, ahhhhhhhhhhh no F-Bombs allowed, are Frons and Co. smoking? I mean, for the love of God, Brooke? That woman is top notch, hella talent and beautiful, and now she gone. For what? The fetus? Babe? Colby? Sydeny? Sean? F ** K you AMC.

That said, I think it's safe to say that the Funeral Services for AMC are now being booked. :( I have a feeling by the end of year, we're all going to be leading the precessional as we carry what's left of our beloved AMC to it's grave.

Someone said what is next them asking Susan to go on recurring? God I hope so. Put that woman out of her misery, and let her stop playing pod to her fetus and soon to be Mrs. Martin. I hope to God Susan will tell them all to kiss off when the time comes. David Canary too. Vincent should hold the door for all of them. Mass Exodus, please.

• Members

Like I said Steve, I'll watch her last episodes and that will be it for me, for good. Even if I were to tune in from time to time, I know now that there's no hope that I'll ever be invested again. Brooke has always been far and away my favorite character on the show and without her.........it'll just never be the same for me, put it that way. The same way that Santa Barbara wasn't the same without Eden or Days of our Lives wasn't the same without Marlena. My heart just won't be in it anymore, no matter how much I may like Erica or Adam or Kendall or Bianca, they'll never hold a candle to Brooke. It's going to be a sad, dark day when she leaves.

• Members

That's what makes it so sad. <_<

I can't honestly say I want Barr to move on to another soap. She's too connected to me as Brooke that I can't imagine her on another soap. Wouldn't mind seeing her in movies, though. Wonder what she'd think of a movie remake of The Golden Girls with her as Blanche....

Al

• Members

Wow, if Agnes Nixon just severed her ties with the show, wow...I am just speechless. I don't think she was happy with the unabortion storyline and maybe letting Julia go was the last straw for her. What a sad and horrible mess AMC is. I have been holding out hope that Frons will be fired and then McT. I am just not so sure anymore. I think AMC could be canceled before then.

And it is true that they didn't write for Brooke anymore but she was a core character to the show. Even though she was rarely on, her being there was a reminder of the history of the show. And I don't remember any of her storylines (my mom watched when I was little) TIIC are fools to let someone go who is so talented and so familiar to the audience.

I think that David Canary will stay. I think that Palmer's/James Mitchell's contract is up in November. I am sure they will ask him to go to recurring. It will be interesting to see what he decides. But I think Walt Willey may ask to be let out of his contract. And I think with the state the show is in and the poor writing, Thorsten Kaye won't renew. He would be a fool to stay on this sinking ship of a show. Aiden Turner is loved by Frons so he will probably stay even though his character is pointless IMHO. He is great eye-candy though. And Jacob Young is rumored to have renewed but the show isn't saying for sure which worries me. And I wouldn't be surprised if Simone/Teri Evans is let go soon also. :angry:

• Members

Gosh, AMC has made some bad moves, but this one...I'm not even an AMC fan, but if they hired me on that show during the last few months, I would have pushed, pushed, pushed for this woman to stay. You don't have to be an AMC fan to realize fans are OBSESSED with Brooke.

• Members

This is the worst news.. EVER. Julia Barr has two Emmy's for AMC for pete's sake!

Well, when this show is cancelled I am sure going to miss my daily jaunts to Pine Valley. I have been out of the mix for a while already. I have put up with a lot of crap from this show, but their recent moves have gone too far.

They better give her the best final episode ever. I want flashbacks galore. Brooke & Phoebe talking about the first time she tried to win Tom, getting caught in bed with Dan Kennicott, Blackmailing Phoebe, Divorcing an Alcoholic Tom, Seducing Adam, Confronting Adam at the Masquerade Ball with the truth about JR... and most of all: Learning Laura had died in a car accident, "No, no it can't be true."

• Members

Agnes Nixon severing ties with AMC? Oh my god, if that's true it just goes to show how screwed up this show is. Man :( I feel sorry for her. I would imagine she always thought she'd be dead and buried before AMC reached this point but at this rate she'll outlive it :(:(:(

• Members

David Canary adores Julia Barr. I would not be surprised at all if he told AMC to go f*ck themselves and left. He knows another soap will pick him up and there's a 95% chance that show will remain on the air longer than AMC will.

Ellen Wheeler (ex Cindy) would hire him in a hearbeat. As would former director Chris Goutman. And Barbara Bloom.

Wow I hadn't even thought of it that way...parent outliving child. Poor Agnes.

30+ years of hard work by countless actors, writers, and producers blown to bits in 3 years by 1 man.

Archived