AMC: Another vet OUT!

• Members

Well AMC, you have further squashed the chances of me coming back to watch. I totally understand Julia's decision, she does not deserve to be put on recurring status and deserves to be used! I am not watching but when I was I didn't see her alot if hardly ever.

I am not going back to this show even if Megan is ousted, I am tempted to quit for good but I will get it ONE, and I say ONE, last chance, I however will only come back if Megan is ousted and they get a headwriter that steps things up a get and undo the damage that Mctavish has done, then I will come back and see how things are, depending on the results I might stay watching or quit all over again.

I am not saying I hate AMC, I was one of it's biggest fans back in the nineties and stuff, but I just couldn't take all the trash that hack of a writer Megan was and from what I hear still is writing, and all of the vets I have loved for years and years are being fired one by one. AMC is getting worse and worse as days go on and if Frons has at least one brain cel lleft in his body than he will fire her and get a good writer for once!!!!

I say that and he will probably oust her but be an idiot and get JER to write for AMC..... just kidding, lol.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since Brooke is rarely on, I've been watching AMC less and less since Brooke's story with Adam was given to KWAK, but this is just so sad. For me, it's the end of AMC. I'll watch through Julia's last shows but no longer. I'm so glad JB chose to stand up to ABC and refuse the insult of recurring. She's a 30 year vet with two daytime Emmys, and she deserves so much better than she's gotten from AMC in the last four years.

As for McTrash wanting to write for Brooek, I don't believe that. I've also read from several places that McTrash doesn't like Brooke or Barr or both and would never write for her unless directly ordered to do so. McTrash and Frons both need to go, but instead ABC is getting rid of the actors (characters) we want to watch. How does that make any kind of sense at all?

• Members

I think McT hated the character of Brooke, too. While she had to write for Brooke under Felicia Minei Behr, when McT returned the 1st time, she dumbed down the character to have her shoot Jim in the back repeatedly and then claim justifiable homicide. This wasn't the same intelligent, strong woman who once went to jail for refusing to reveal a source. After this story bombed both in the ratings and critically, McT backburnered Brooke and the character didn't have another story until Agnes Nixon returned. While Frons may not like the character, it's obvious to me that McT doesn't either.

• Members

I blame Frons more than anyone. This is the man who said that no one wants see a fat middle aged woman on tv, and he was talking about Genie Francis. Frons has made NO bones about the fact that he has no use for women over 40.

As much as I HATE this, I'm glad Julia gets to leave on HER terms.

Brooke hasn't had a story since Maria returned. In alot of ways I can see why Julia would want to leave, what's the point of lounging in Back Burner Cafe for almost 4 years and being used as a recurring character a few times a year.

• Members

Every time I have recently seen her (McT era) I have thought: What a wonderful actor. Whay isn't she on more? Oh, and i thought ... Gosh, Brooke is doing way more with Adam than the current xyz. SO! I think quality cuts, and costcuts, are the goal. Because this has been going on tooooo long.

But I wonder, if they offered JB the equivalent of BE's contract or else awhile back ... I think she would have jumped at the chance back then. Recurring now? Um... NO.

Ultimately, this is all the fault of ratings (and therefore revenue) destroying - Frons and McTavish.

• Members

Thanks for the confirmation.

I think some people put everything on McT because it helps them believe if she goes everything will be okay again. That's just not true.

If Megan goes Julia Barr won't come back...nor will Vincent...or Jill Larson. The teens won't go away. The AMC of old won't magically reappear.

Sadly I think Julia Barr is going to put the blame on McTavish in her SOD interview which will just reinforce the blame. But it's just not true.

I would kill to just have the mediocre Jean Dadario Burke and Angela Shapiro back.

• Members

You know, the thing is that people like myself (mid-20s) are right in the oh-so-coveted "younger demographic", yet I have absolutely NO time for seeing pointless characters played by talentless models on any soap :angry: I want traditional soap acted out by quality casts, merci beaucoup.

What sets Frons apart from every other Daytime president, whether at ABC before or at NBC or CBS, is that as has been implied Frons runs an essentially totalitarian regime at ABCD.

The likes of Y&R and B&B (much as I've had my criticisms of the latter in recent times) have and still have decidedly middle-aged and not necessarily oh-so-glamourous actors at the forefront, and they're the ones on top. Says it all.

• Members

The show is almost unwatchable now as it is. This is almost the final nail in the coffin. It's obvious that the TPTB are completely unrealistic in what the "fans" want.

Whatever...I don't even know why I still TIVO it. Habit maybe....

Maybe she will pop up on General Hospital as the mom of a new character there...that professor that they have tapped to pair with Lulu would be a good candidate. :)

Archived