AMC: Another vet OUT!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt frons could get rid of susan, abc loves her, he will be gone before she is. I would worry about canary though, if jacob leaves he may be in trouble. An willey should be worried also, there has to be a reason why he's barely had any scenes with erica since they were married last year. They put erica in a storyline with Ian(greg) soon after their marriage, but he left and now they brought on jeff martin and we all know why McT loves the martins. So I won't be surprised if canary or willey are gone by next year also.

Lets get honest though brooke was kinda recurring right now anyway, yet she quits when they actually want to give her that title. I'm surprised she didn't quit years ago, because how many times have they promised her a storyline only to not get one, I've lost count. Amc definantly sucks.

• Members

As someone who loathes AMC, I don't think that its necessarily dead...maybe on life support in PV Hospital. I have to wonder that if there is a complete regime change from Frons to McTavish would they be able to coax some of the actors back?

• Members

When I clicked on this thread, the first name that came to mind was David Canary :( but I feel bad for Julia Barr and her fans.

I don't know what TPTB are thinking. It still makes me throw up a little when I recall how Brooke's story was basically given to Krystal <_<

• Members

:(

I just called my mother to tell her.

Let me explain: My stepsister died in a car accident around the same time AMC did the drunk driver story where Laura Cudahy died. Understandably, my mother formed a strong bond with the character of Brooke, and apparently Julia Barr herself through letter, at that time. She loves Brooke and she was sort of a role model for her on how to move on and have a successful life in spite of all the pain.

My poor mother was bawling her eyes out over the phone. I feel so bad for her I'm tearing up myself.

I know Frons won't change his plans on account of one person but I just wish he knew what Brooke meant to my mother.

• Members

F-u-c-k Frons and everyone else at ABC who refused to give Julia Barr a storyline for the past few years!!!!

Brooke was my favorite character for several years and this is the final straw for me. I have continued to watch AMC slide into a trainwreck under Frons/Mct, but no more. Brooke's last day is my last day. Too bad the goddamn a-s-s-h-o-l-e-s in charge won't even give her a farewell storyline.

I hope she at least has an onscreen goodbye scene with her son.

• Members

I hope the GH media blitz doesn't work too well because this is only going to stop when Frons is fired. And I can only hope some of the veteran actors/characters he gets fired or that he gets to quit will agree to come back when that time comes. Idiots.

• Members

I feel like AMC just sealed its own death certificate with this news. I am not counting on her having an exit storyline. She will probably have one or two days to explain why she is leaving and then she will be gone. Oh, and don't forget that huge Thanksgiving confrontation her and Erica are supposed to have. Yeah, right.

I find the timing of this announcment funny. Doesn't sweeps start this week or did it already start? This isn't exactly the news AMC needed to get people to watch during November. I think news has driven people away. Maybe Frons really is trying to sabotage this show.

• Members

Hehe. That post looks pretty damn hysterical with all those curses censored. :lol:

"P&G have their own actors and actresses that they treat or have treated the same way."

Damn straight.

At least no one called Julia Barr a "wizened old" woman...

• Members

I have not got to read all the posts yet, but just had to say in addition. As I sit and think about this, I am like Juniorz - if there was any chance of me ever coming back this ends that. With the vets around there was something to come back too, but without them and esp. Brooke there is nothing familiar I want to come back to.

I just cannot see how they can write day after day for even a vet like Susan Lucci but can't write one story anymore for Brooke. I love me some Lucci, but Julia Barr to me is a better actress and the character of Brooke has so much life in her. And before someone thinks I am blaming Lucci, I am not. I am blaming those behind the scenes for not being creative enough to write for her, and for being stupid enough to let her go.

I am glad like others to see Lucci say no to the recurring thing. As bad as I hate to see the vets go, more of them need to stand up and say no to being recurring.

And we as fans need to voice more our distaste over it too.

• Members

Well this sucks - but not surprising at all. She's on recurring status pretty much anyway - so why waste her time?

We don't get Brooke now, so her not on the show anymore from now on wouldn't be a big difference to what we have going now...so I can't really say this will make AMC go in the trash even more than it has....BUT yes it sucks major a$$ the way they've treated Julia and the other vets in the 21st century pretty much. Lame.

Good luck in the future Julia!

• Members

I'm shocked to here Julia decline to reccurring. I'm saddened to see a 30 year vet let go on any soap but to be real Julia's Brooke hasn't had a story in over 4 years now. She could be very relevant but she isn't being written for. I would like to see her and Erica battle it out, I would like to see Brooke be a mother in Jaime's life, I would like for Brooke to be a prominent figure with Amanda, I would like for Brooke to be more of a friend to Tad and a counter part to Adam however we have all watched how Brookes airtime has decreased steadily over the last 4 years.

Maria's return pretty much ended her character. Since then she has had no real story aside from bit parts with Jaime in 04'. I wasn't expecting Brooke to be written for and I actually do believe Megan would have wanted to write for her.

To bad she isn't in Frons vision as "acceptable" veterans. I would excpect Palmer and Myrtle to go before Brooke. It is a loss but those who didn't see this coming are completly blinded.

Archived