The Simpsons: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sad thing about this show is that it has been bad now longer than it was ever good.

I think it's a generational thing. Those of us who grew up with it will find the classic episodes hilarious. But it won't be passed down to the next generation; it will be like our parents trying to explain how hilarious "Caddyshack" was.

I say end it btw, the show stopped being funny at least 10 years ago. Enough milking already, it's gotta end someday and it's just not relevant anymore.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Members

Yay! Glad I'm not alone!

Really enjoyed Treehouse of Horror 23. Where else would you get Satan abducting a baby and making sure he takes the baby bag with him, only to give the baby up for a threesome with him, Homer and another demon? A threesome in which Homer actually made him call out the safeword? LOL

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Members

Anybody watching the FXX Simpsons Marathon? For the past week or so and until the end of labor day, they are reshowing all 553 episodes. I was a big fan of the show when it first came on around 1990. I've watch occasionally since then but it's nice to knwo it's still on and going into 555 episodes! That's such a legacy.

• 7 months later...
  • Members

So. Anyone else play Tapped Out? The Simpsons game. Or, am I the only one?

If you play it. Add me. I'm elswordfish. Just look me up and add my town.

As for the show. I've been a fan since the early 90s. But, the quality has definitely went down hill. The last two episodes have been okay. But, they just haven't worked. Once again they are trying to redo the history of the show. And, I hate that.

But, I am really happy it's been renewed. I'd love to see it go for 30.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Harry Shearer, the voice of Mr. Burns, Ned Flanders, Smithers, Skinner, etc. leaving the show over contract dispute.

Sounds like there is some bad blood between producers & he from the barely polite comments made.

The show will be recasting, naturally. No way they drop all these characters.

Kinda sad. :(

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/harry-shearer-voice-of-mr-burns-ned-flanders-leaving-the-simpsons-20150514

• 10 months later...

Archived