Days: Huge Spoiler

• Members

I don't believe for one second that Belle would want to leave Claire motherless. That would be abandonment. Especially when she knows that Claire is Shawn's but legally Philip's. She is needed to protect her living daughter. I don't like that story if Belle blames Philip for being the sensible one in this.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah. Isn´t it wonderfull to have a writer who is really creative and isn´t afraid to take a bold move? I´ve been totally taken surprise by this. Not only it frees Shelle from the Reilly pattern and they can move back into more hip storylines, but Phillip is finally shown as a real person too. I love ït.

• Members

Hardly abandonment, I mean really Claire has Philip AND Shawn as daddies in her life now and if anything happened to Belle the baby CERTAINLY would be fine with her father, I mean both Philip AND Shanw are JUST as capable of Belle in raising THEIR daughter. Its not all about the mother you know.

Yes perhaps the situation is life or death, but if Belle's wishes are for Philip to save the baby, that is her right and for Philip to go against her wishes and ABORT her baby without her consent is DISGUSTING and HORRIBLE!! What makes it worse is because Philip has ALL ALONG wanted Belle to abort it and demanded that she do it when she first found out that she was pregnant with Shawn's baby.

Belle knows this and thats why I am sure this decision will NOT be hard at all for Philip to make, deep down he will be happy the baby is gone and THAT is why his marriage is ending, because of that and that alone!

I think there is NOTHING wrong with Belle sacraficing herself for her unborn child, the bond a mother has with their unborn child I think it almost as strong as one she has with children that are already born and to her this is her little baby that she is trying to protect NO MATTER what.

I absolutely will sympathize with Belle, her wishes are completely being shoved to the corner for complete selfishness on Philips behalf. I know it would be tough, but if my wife told me to save her child instead of her before surgery or whatever I would honour wishes, even though it would be SO tough for me to say goodbye, I would respect her wishes.

• Members

When is this supposed to happen? The baby is nowhere near far enough along to survive so it's a mote point right now. Further down, when she is far enough for a live birth, that could be a different matter. I cannot see a mother wanting to sacrifice her own life when she has a child alive to live for. That's stupid and more Shelle pimping as the fans are so used to saying. I hate it. Give them a story that is lovable and believable and not one so contrived and stupid. Shelle fans may love it but those of us who do not even like Shawn with Belle will never love them.

As far as Philip being the villain breathing fire and brimstone here, just think, he would make the same decision if it were his child she was carrying, too. This happens in real life, too.

• Members

I agree with Jean, that Philip loves Belle more than anything.

His love for Claire was tied to his love for Belle. Lose Claire=lose Belle. That is his motivation. It's completely selfish, but deep down he knew that it would only be a matter of time before something happened to cause Shelle to reunite. The sad thing is, he really loves Belle and he's desperate to keep her---at any cost.

Archived