September 11-15, 2006

Toups

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, but we all know sometimes Nielsen rounds up. So if I remember the explantion for this, it's like one or two of those 2.3's were something such as 2.36 - thus a round up to 2.4 for the week for something that in plain sight math should be 2.3.

ETA: Posted that before seeing Darcy's better explanation ;)

Thanks for posting the ratings Lsk! I edited your post a little, hope you don't mind. :)

• Members

Really? Granted my interest in AMC has been at an all time low lately...but what storylines have been concluded?

I guess the Terry thing sort of ended with him being killed, but I was so grossed out by the whole SL and the fact that the end result was more Lavery fluffing, I didn't pay much attention.

• Members

Yeah - mainly the stuff with Terry/Lily. Jonathan shot Terry just as he was about to rape Lily. Amanda moved in on Jonathan and pretty much Jonathan/Lily is over. Terry is dead and Annie has nothing to worry about anymore. She can stay out of hiding, etc.

She also shot Ryan that week - which was entertaining...haha.

Also the Sweet 16 stuff finished up that week - so no more annoying party planning and Colby being a spoiled brat about everything.

I really wish Monday would have gotten better numbers, as the special 9/11 episode was OUTSTANDING.

• Administrator

It think it was a bad decision to have Sami/Lucas/Austin/Carrie off for 2 straight weeks, especially after Will being kidnapped.

I wonder what happened there...maybe there was some major re-write and they had to be off for 2 weeks.

• Members

what happened to Days and ATWT to cause it to drop?

Im surprised GL was able to maintain its ratings on Monday. The show wasnt aired here in NY bc it comes on at 10AM and they had the 9/11 readings all morning. I figured that would have had them plummet for that day

• Members

Nope, I don't mind at all. Edit away. :D

Here are the Daytime Insights for the week of September 11th

Daytime programs on CBS and ABC were interrupted on Monday and Friday for news break-ins.

ABC led the week in women 18-49 (1.6), followed by NBC (1.5) and CBS (1.4). NBC won the week in

women 18-34 (1.6), followed by ABC (1.3) and CBS (1.0). ABC was 1st in women 25-54 (2.0), ahead of

CBS (1.7) and NBC (1.6).

Compared to the prior 51 weeks of the season, NBC was down -0.1 in women 18-34/18-49 and flat in

women 25-54. DAYS OF OUR LIVES fell to its lowest women 18-49/25-54 ratings since the week of

7/3/06 (also a 1.8 W18-49) when, due to the July 4th holiday and Wimbledon tennis, only one day was

rated. PASSIONS hit its lowest women 18-49 rating since the same week.

CBS was down -0.2 in women 18-34 and down -0.1 in women 18-49/25-54 versus the past 51 weeks. AS

THE WORLD TURNS delivered its lowest women 25-54 rating in thirteen weeks (when it also posted a 1.4

in the demo). BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL hit a series low women 18-34 rating and matched a series low

women 25-54 rating (last seen during the week of 6/12/06). YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS fell to its

lowest women 25-54 rating in nine weeks (when it also posted a 2.7 in the demo).

ABC was flat in women 18-34/25-54 and down -0.1 in women 18-49 versus its 51-week averages.

In women 18-49, DAYS OF OUR LIVES (1.8) ranked #2, with PASSIONS (1.2) ranked #8 in women 18-49

(tied with AS THE WORLD TURNS and PRICE IS RIGHT I), up from #11 last week. Among women 18-34, DAYS (1.8) was #1, ranking first in the demo for the 571st week out of 579 weeks that it aired. PASSIONS

(1.4) ranked 3rd in women 18-34 rating (tied with GENERAL HOSPITAL), up from #4 last week. For

women 25-54, DAYS (2.0) ranked #3 (tied with ALL MY CHILDREN and ONE LIFE TO LIVE), with PASSIONS

(1.2) ranked #11, up from #12 last week. DAYS ranks 1st in women 18-34 for the 05/06 season, with

PASSIONS in 3rd place behind YOUNG & THE RESTLESS (tied with GENERAL HOSPITAL).

TNT (0.49 rtg/323,000 impressions W18-49), which airs off-network dramas (E.R., JUDGING AMY, LAW &

ORDER), was the #1 cable network for the week in daytime among women 18-49. Nickelodeon, the #2

ranked cable network for the week (0.43 rtg/284,000 impressions W18-49), airs children's programming

(LAZYTOWN, JIMMY NEUTRON, SPONGEBOB, etc.). Lifetime (0.40 rtg/263,000 impressions W18-49), which

airs afternoon movies, WILL & GRACE, REBA, and STILL STANDING in daytime, was 3rd. Two of the top

three cable networks for the season to date are down versus year ago: TNT (-16%) and Lifetime

(-22%), with Nickelodeon up +11%.

For the full 05/06 season, in women 18-34, NBC (1.7) is down -0.4 with ABC (1.3) and CBS (1.2) flat

versus the comparable period last year. In women 18-49, NBC (1.6) and ABC (1.7) are down -0.2,

while CBS (1.5) is down -0.1. For women 25-54, NBC (1.6) and CBS (1.8) are down -0.1, while ABC

(2.0) is down -0.2. Among the NBC programs, DAYS OF OUR LIVES is down -0.1 in women 18-49, and

PASSIONS is down -0.2.

For full 3q06, in women 18-34, NBC (1.8) is up +0.1, CBS (1.1) is flat, and ABC (1.3) is up +0.2

versus 3q05. In women 18-49, NBC (1.7) is up +0.1, with ABC (1.6) and CBS (1.5) flat. For women

25-54, NBC (1.7) is up +0.2, CBS (1.8) is flat, and ABC (1.9) is down -0.1. Among the NBC programs,

DAYS OF OUR LIVES is up +0.2 in women 18-49, and PASSIONS is up +0.1.

Effective with data for 12/26/05, daytime insights will be based on Live+Same Day Ratings. Averages

for intervals which span this date are based on a combination of pre-DVR data, Live + 7, and

Live+Same Day.

DVR sample as of 9/17/06: 697 homes (8.7% of sample)

• Members

ICAM but ABC did that episode a disservice by not showing previews for it. The Friday before they showed a "next week on" preview about Colby's wretched party instead. If only we had seen a clip of Palmer/Myrtle, Kendall/Erica, & David/Julia (or Joe/Jamie) more viewers might have tuned in.

I'm waiting until October 1st for an announcement. If McT is still the headwriter at that time, I'll be joining you in the boycott.

• Members

I figured the ratings for ATWT would drop. Even before the slasher story ended I knew that ATWT was going to get boring again. I still like the show but the teens are the only interesting people right now. Either they need to speed up the Carly/Simon storyline, or add some drama into it or end it. They need to end that Paul/Emily/Meg mess because it's not even a storyline..just a daily dialogue of the same thing over again. Make Emily become a !@#$%^&*] who plots to break them up while Barbara plots to keep Emily out of Paul's life.

With the storm coming and Jade's pregnancy, the show will still be good.

Archived