Halloween Remake In The Works

Roman

• Members

If this happens, I won't see it. This is truly sad.

From BloodyDisgusting.com:

'Halloween' Remake Still on the Hot Plate

Get more on Halloween | Posted 10.07.05 @ 02:26 pm ]

It sucks when you're sworn to secracy, especially when we're talking about a remake of John Carpenter's Halloween! All I can tell you is exactly what the NY Times will tell you, that the Weinstein Brothers are planning to remake the film- at some point. They write, "Under the separation agreement between the Weinsteins and Disney, the brothers were given sequel rights to 15 franchise or potentially franchise projects, including a remake of Halloween." Hopefully we'll be able to tell you more when the agreement is completed. Watch this spot. In the original 1978 film, a psychotic murderer institutionalized since childhood escapes on a mindless rampage while his doctor chases him through the streets.

• Members
where did you find this on their site anyway?

I went to the official Halloween message board, and somebody had started a thread about a remake, and provided the link.

Damn..they better not remake Halloween. Why spoil the original?

This is their chance to put a young, beautiful and no-acting cast in it, and cast Michael as a killer who will spout one-liners. It stinks. The sequels have digressed in quatlity over the years, and I guess they think this would be a better idea than say, coming out with a great sequel with suspense and fear.

• Members
I went to the official Halloween message board, and somebody had started a thread about a remake, and provided the link.

This is their chance to put a young, beautiful and no-acting cast in it, and cast Michael as a killer who will spout one-liners. It stinks. The sequels have digressed in quatlity over the years, and I guess they think this would be a better idea than say, coming out with a great sequel with suspense and fear.

LOL..yep!! LAME!!

• Members
"The sequels have digressed in quatlity over the years"

I'll give you 6 Resurrection Roman, but I *loved* H20.

I liked it, becuase it was an improvement over the horrible 5 and 6, but IMO, it took too long for the chase to begin, and once it did, it seemed like it was over after 10 minutes. It didn't build up the suspense enough for me, even though it was a better film.

Now, Ressurection, TCOMM and TROMM should be dropped from the archives and never referred to again. All 3 of those films were just plain bad, with the exception of the first one, Halloween II and the best sequel in the series, Halloween 4.

• Members
I wish hollywood would stop with the remakes, did we really need another herbie, willy wonka, amittyville, etc. The only remake that I like is the batman movie, I like both franchises.

IA 100%. All it shows is that Hollywood has lost all creative expression. There are probably thousands of scripts that sit in offices that are 1,000,000 times better than the remade crap that keeps getting made. There is only one way to stop remakes - the public needs to stop paying to see this crap. If lousy movies like Dukes and Bewitched stop making $80 million at the B.O., then they will return to original concepts, just like television is now turing back to srcipted t.v. as apposed to all reality all the time. It's also much cheaper to make remakes, and they will get their investment back in a week, maybe two. Hollywood producers are going for the quick cash, not long-term success. They don't care about that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Yep. For me though..if the remake is done great...then im all for it. But if they !@#$%^&*] around with the original way too much then i consider it a flop.

IA. Like the remake for Psycho. Who's bright-ass idea was it to film this movie word-for-word and scene-for-scene in the first place?

Horror movies used to be great because it was about scaring the hell out of you. Now, they go out and get beautiful people who couldn't act if a shotgun was pointed to their heads, and then putting a "Who-done-it" style story in every movie. I want to know what the hell is going on in the fisrt 15 minutes, and then spend the next 2 hours on the edge of my seat, which doesn't happen anymore. They could come up with another slasher flick instead of remaking one of the finest horror pictures ever made.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Recent Posts

• Damn Andrew Ridgley did not age well.
    • Please register in order to view this content
    • The song that got Sondheim his Oscar.  
    • DAILY CAST CHART: Review each day's cast list from November 2021 at http://www.jason47.com/days/castcharts2021.html   2021 Episode Rankings. Here's how many episodes each actor has appeared in this year (1/1/21-11/30/21), out of a total of 221 episodes. http://www.jason47.com   Rank. Actor (Character) # of Episodes 1. Deidre Hall (Marlena Black) 86 2. Robert Scott Wilson (Ben Weston) 84 3. Arianne Zucker (Nicole Brady) 83 4. Paul Telfer (Xander Cook Kiriakis) 82 5. Camila Banus (Gabi DiMera) 78 6. Lindsay Arnold (Allie Horton) 77 *. Galen Gering (Rafe Hernandez) 77 8. Brandon Barash (Jake DiMera) 76 9. Emily O'Brien (Gwen Rizczech) 75 10. Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe Lane) 74 11. Eric Martsolf (Brady Black) 72 12. Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip Kiriakis) 71 13. Sal Stowers (Lani Price Grant) 69 14. Victoria Konefal (Ciara Weston) 68 15. Billy Flynn (Chad DiMera) 65 16. Lamon Archey (Eli Grant) 64 17. Tamara Braun (Ava Vitali) 63 18. Lucas Adams (Tripp Johnson) 62 *. Isabel Durant (Claire Brady) 62 *. Jackee Harry (Paulina Price) 62 21. Stacy Haiduk (Kristen DiMera-50/Susan Banks-23) 60 *. Drake Hogestyn (John Black) 60 23. Matthew Ashford (Jack Deveraux) 58 *. Mary Beth Evans (Kayla Johnson) 58 *. Lauren Koslow (Kate DiMera-56/Kristen as Kate-7) 58 *. Marci Miller (Abigail DiMera) 58 *. James Reynolds (Abe Carver) 58 28. Alison Sweeney (Sami DiMera) 56 29. Dan Feuerriegel (EJ DiMera) 51 30. Brandon Beemer (Shawn Brady) 48 *. Bryan Dattilo (Lucas Horton) 48 *. Martha Madison (Belle Brady) 48 33. Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie Williams) 46 *. Stephen Nichols (Steve Johnson) 46 35. Josh Taylor (Roman Brady) 37 36. Raven Bowens (Chanel Dupree) 35 *. Cameron Johnson (Theo Carver) 35 38. Carson Boatman (Johnny DiMera) 33 39. Precious Way (Chanel Dupree) 30 40. Mike Manning (Charlie Dale) 28 41. Judi Evans (Bonnie Lockhart) 26 *. Wally Kurth (Justin Kiriakis) 26 43. Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) 22 44. Linsey Godfrey (Sarah Horton) 19 45. Heather Lindell (Jan Spears) 18 46. Cady McClain (Jennifer Deveraux) 17 47. Michael Lowry (Dr. Clay Snyder) 15 *. Thaao Penghlis (Tony DiMera) 15 49. Tina Huang (Melinda Trask) 14 50. Leann Hunley (Anna DiMera) 11 51. Linda Dano (Vivian Alamain) 10 52. John Aniston (Victor Kiriakis) 9 53. Jason Downs (Allan Rhodes) 8 *. Cady Huffman (Calista Lockhart) 8 *. Suzanne Rogers (Maggie Kiriakis) 8 56. Marla Gibbs (Olivia Price) 7 *. Ivan G'Vera (Ivan Marais) 7 *. Brock Kelly (Evan Frears) 7 *. Vanessa Williams (Dr. Valerie Grant) 7 60. Jaime Lyn Bauer (Laura Horton) 6 *. Victoria Platt (Dr. Amanda Raynor) 6 62. George Del Hoyo (Orpheus) 5 *. James Read (Clyde Weston) 5 *. Greg Vaughan (Eric Brady) 5 65. Eileen Davidson (Evil Kristen) 4 66. Kyle Lowder (Rex Brady) 4 67. Blake Berris (Nick Fallon) 3 *. Remington Hoffman (Li Shin) 3 69. Vincent Irizarry (Deimos Kiriakis) 2 *. Chandler Massey (Will Horton) 2 *. Finley Rose Slater (Rachel Black) 2 *. Chrishell Stause (Jordan Ridgeway) 2 73, Clyde & Nash Gunderson (Henry Horton) 1 *. Angelo Tiffe (Angelo Vitali) 1 *. William Utay (Dr. Wilhelm Rolf) 1 *. Dan Wells (Stan) 1       November Episode Rankings. Here's how many episodes each actor has appeared in this month (11/1/21-11/30/21), out of a total of 21 episodes. http://www.jason47.com   Rank. Actor (Character) # of Episodes 1. Deidre Hall (Marlena Black) 15 2. Stacy Haiduk (Kristen DiMera-4/Susan Banks-12) 13 3. Brandon Beemer (Shawn Brady) 9 4. Raven Bowens (Chanel Dupree) 8 *. Tamara Braun (Ava Vitali) 8 *. Mary Beth Evans (Kayla Johnson) 8 *. Galen Gering (Rafe Hernandez) 8 *. Drake Hogestyn (John Black) 8 *. Martha Madison (Belle Brady) 8 *. Stephen Nichols (Steve Johnson) 8 *. Arianne Zucker (Nicole Brady) 8 12. Jackee Harry (Paulina Price) 7 *. Victoria Konefal (Ciara Weston) 7 *. Robert Scott Wilson (Ben Weston) 7 15. Lamon Archey (Eli Grant) 6 *. Emily O'Brien (Gwen Rizczech) 6 *. James Reynolds (Abe Carver) 6 *. Paul Telfer (Xander Cook Kiriakis) 6 19. Lucas Adams (Tripp Johnson) 5 *. Lindsay Arnold (Allie Horton) 5 *. Camila Banus (Gabi DiMera) 5 *. Carson Boatman (Johnny DiMera) 5 *. Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie Williams) 5 *. Cameron Johnson (Theo Carver) 5 *. Sal Stowers (Lani Price Grant) 5 26. Matthew Ashford (Jack Deveraux) 4 *. Brandon Barash (Jake DiMera) 4 *. Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe Lane) 4 *. Eileen Davidson (Evil Kristen) 4 *. Dan Feuerriegel (EJ DiMera) 4 *. Billy Flynn (Chad DiMera) 4 *. Tina Huang (Melinda Trask) 4 *. Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip Kiriakis) 4 *. Lauren Koslow (Kate DiMera) 4 *. Eric Martsolf (Brady Black) 4 *. Marci Miller (Abigail Deveraux) 4 37. Blake Berris (Nick Fallon) 3 *. Marla Gibbs (Olivia Price) 3 *. Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) 3 *. Mike Manning (Charlie Dale) 3 *. Suzanne Rogers (Maggie Kiriakis) 3 *. Alison Sweeney (Sami DiMera) 3 *. Josh Taylor (Roman Brady) 3 44. John Aniston (Victor Kiriakis) 2 *. Vincent Irizarry (Deimos Kiriakis) 2 46. Bryan Dattilo (Lucas Horton) 1 *. Judi Evans (Bonnie Lockhart) 1 *. Clyde & Nash Gunderson (Henry Horton) 1 *. Leann Hunley (Anna DiMera) 1 *. Wally Kurth (Justin Kiriakis) 1 *. Thaao Penghlis (Tony DiMera) 1 Credited guest stars appearing in less than 5 episodes: Noel G. (Jason) Richie Stephens (Carmine Merlino)   SET TOTALS: November 2021 Brady Pub...11 Interrogation Room...10 Horton Town Square...9 DiMera Crypt...8 Horton Living Room...8 Ben's Apartment...7 Detective Area...7 Nurses' Station...7 Basic Black Office...6 Kiriakis Study...6 Marlena's Townhouse...6 DiMera Mansion...5 Hernandez Kitchen...5 Nicole's Apartment...5 Paulina's Apartment...5 Bride's Dressing Room...3 Cabin...3 Eli & Lani's Apartment...3 Gravesite (Charlie/Deimos/Nick/Tom)...3 Xander's Salem Inn Room...3 Abe's Hospital Room...2 Belle & Shawn's Bedroom...2 Chapel...2 Horton Dining Room...2 Johnny's Bedroom (DiMera)...2 Small Bar...2 Small Park...2 Susan's Hospital Room...2 Ava's Bedroom (Hernandez)...1 Ben's Apartment (Bathroom Area)...1 Chad's Bedroom (DiMera)...1 Dr. Snyder's Office...1 Gabi's Bedroom (Hernandez)...1 Hospital Exam Room...1 Hospital Waiting Area...1 John's Hospital Room...1 Julie's Place...1 Kayla's Townhouse...1 Rafe's Office...1 Woods...1   DIRECTORS & SCRIPT WRITERS: 11/1/21: Scott McKinsey & Carolyn Culliton 11/2/21: Scott McKinsey & Richard Culliton 11/3/21: Scott McKinsey & Rebecca McCarty 11/4/21: Albert Alarr & Richard Culliton 11/5/21: Albert Alarr & Joanna Cohen 11/8/21: Sonia Blangiardo Goins & Joanna Cohen 11/9/21: Angela Tessinari & Rebecca McCarty 11/10/21: Angela Tessinari & Richard Culliton 11/11/21: Noel Maxam & Carolyn Culliton 11/12/21: Noel Maxam & David Kreizman 11/15/21: Noel Maxam & Carolyn Culliton 11/16/21: Albert Alarr & Cheryl Davis 11/17/21: Albert Alarr & Joanna Cohen 11/18/21: Albert Alarr & David Kreizman 11/19/21: Scott McKinsey & Rebecca McCarty 11/22/21: Noel Maxam & Richard Culliton 11/23/21: Albert Alarr & Richard Culliton 11/24/21: Sonia Blangiardo Goins & David Kreizman 11/26/21: Noel Maxam & David Kreizman 11/29/21: David Shaughnessy & Rebecca McCarty 11/30/21: Sonia Blangiardo Goins & Joanna Cohen   http://www.jason47.com
  • On Soap Opera Network

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy