Montreal College shooting

sweetness514

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Last unofficial count is 4 dead, 16 injured.

I thought of Columbine as well but as Montrealer my first thought was the massacre at Ecole Polytechnique in 1989.

Sweetness what part of town are you in? Anywhere near it? My Mom is not far, in Westmount. I hear the Metro green line is closed and that cell phones are not working.

• Members

My mom said she heard something on the radio about it my god this probably is bringing back memories of 1989 at schools in Montreal. Wow. Prayers go out to all the families of the victims. :(:(:(

They are saying now one of the gunman was killed....

• Members

Wow, that's awful! :o

I would be so scared to attend school after that. My campus is relatively safe. There were rare incidents of rape down by the pond, but nothing as devestating as shootings. At my best-friend's college, a student stabbed a professor and left him in critical condition last year. No my friend actually walks around with a switch blade. It's so scary!

• Members

They all thought this college campus was safe too. It was a mix of so many different cultures and upheld as a model of harmony - while nearby university campuses were experiencing clashes between Palisitinian and Jewish students over the years. In the end it seems it was a white punker or goth type who did the damage. We'll know more soon but I doubt we'll ever get the whole story. Hope I'm wrong (about not getting the whole story).

My Mom lives about a ten minute walk away (from the incident) and she's acting like she's about to give birth to kittens, not that I blame her. I told her to hop in a cab and get over here, even bring the dog.

• Members

I don't live downtown or near there, I'm from Montreal North affectionately called the Bronx here. But man the chaos that was there, and then they thought the gunmen(they thought there was more than one) were going next door and other buildings. I don't know if you saw on the news, this pretty big guy screaming at the top of his lungs in the street: OMG!!!! I DON'T want to Die, I don't want to DIE!!!". Holy [!@#$%^&*] that was nuts.

Three shootings in Colleges and Universities in the last 15 years or so I think...no good :(

I don't live downtown or near there, I'm from Montreal North affectionately called the Bronx here. But man the chaos that was there, and then they thought the gunmen(they thought there was more than one) were going next door and other buildings. I don't know if you saw on the news, this pretty big guy screaming at the top of his lungs in the street: OMG!!!! I DON'T want to Die, I don't want to DIE!!!". Holy [!@#$%^&*] that was nuts.

Three shootings in Colleges and Universities in the last 15 years or so I think...no good :(

Archived