Montreal College shooting

sweetness514

• Members

They're now blaming the Gothic lifestyle since he went on Vampire Feaks.com(A web site that I have visited and there are beautiful people on it, and psychos can be anywhere and of any style, that's nuts).

I feel so bad for the guy who's friend died last night and she fell to his arms, and the killer talked to him for a long time while he held her, oh God, how terrible :(

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chilling. And that video of what went on indoors; all the students running and screaming - this will stay with them a long time.

Earlier today on the Radio-Canada station they interviewed the owner of the Cruella store in Montreal. He did a fairly decent job of explaining that this is not typical Goth behavior, that they are basically non-violent people. I haven't seen this on any of the English stations though.

• Members

I was just in Montreal two weeks ago and I'm pretty sure I've been by the place where the shootings occurred. We were staying at a hotel at Sherbrooke and Peele...I don't think Atwater was very far from there (I remember my dad looking for that street while we were trying to find my sister's res). It's close to where my sister lives. I just talked to her on the phone today and she told me that on her way to the grocery store (which I've been to), there were a ton of squad cars by the gas station. She had no idea what was going on...she figured must have been a shooting or something but she didn't really know until she later what really happened. :blink:

• Members

:P

I go to Cruella and have bought some clothes there, as I used to be alternative back in my teens(I'm 35 now, and in the '80s we used to call it that :P ), but sometimes like to dress goth-even though I'm not. Being goth or any other type of style has nothing to do with it, and the folks at Cruella are so nice. I thought it was funny how some of the newscasters's were so ignorant though, particularly the French ones. Denis Levesque on TVA asked such dumb questions to a couple of Goths and I was waiting for him to ask them if they sleep upside down and what they eat :blink: Funny but weird the guy was.

Anyways, there are still four in critical condition and what is even more chilling is that they don't even know for sure if he wanted to go in The College, maybe in the metro(but I think he hated jocks as he said on VF and he wanted to go in the College). If the police wouldn't have been there b/c of another case and caught him early, God knows how many he would have killed and wounded, his car was filled with guns from what I have heard.

• Members

I've been to Cruella too though not recently. Years ago (I'm 38) I lived near it on Henri-Julien. I can't remember if it's on Laurier or Mont-Royal - just that it was close by.

Eerie that he could have gone into the metro or even just used the pedestrian underground passageways as an escape. A while back one of my friends was on a crowded metro car (between Atwater and Guy, no kidding) when a drunk unzipped his fly and aimed piss all over everyone, laughing his head off and yelling "Merry Christmas". Lots of screaming and yelling and no place to run since the train was in motion. Thinking back they were lucky it was just pee and not bullets.

Archived