House: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Taken for what it is (a disease of the week procedural, with a wafer-thin hint of continuing elements), House remains terrifically entertaining. The consistently high viewership numbers would seem to confirm that.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Oh, marceline, this show was pure crap from the beginning. Sure, it didn't seem so then, but look at it. Chase? Dull. There's so much to say about why he was so dull, but nevermind. Cameron? Another cliché. The empathy with patience, the earnestness, the admiration she felt for House, the attraction... Puke. Omar Epps' Foreman? The most annoying character ever. Nasty, conniving, sympatheticless moron.

Cuddy? Loved her, but what did she do? Walk around the hospital yelling at House. And was a supposed doctor in charge of the facility or whatever. She was not an integral part of anything, instead usually some kind of deux ex machina, who put in motion minor, irrelevant plot threads or whatever.

Wilson? Dead end, was on the stove for too much, then got overcooked and went nowhere.

Sela Ward? Nice try, got stale quick.

House? Blah. I used to like the character, but how many more such "morons with acerbic wit" with f-cked up lives can we possibly digest?! I quickly started rolling my eyes and yawning whenever the writers went There ya go! Another fab, magnificent House moment! Ta-da! Take that!

Not to say anything about the preposterousness of the whole premise. Killing patients, torturing patients, weird symptoms that end up being pretty known diseases, lame use of red herrings, reliance on same old things over and over again, nice try of a reboot that ended up being blah crap, quite a small number of interesting character moments during case resolutions, doctors breaking an entry to inspect peoples houses... Crap, crap, crap and yet more crap.

Pretentious bullsh!t of a show that I'm glad finally tanked.

• 1 year later...

Archived