Prison Break: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I was glad Debby didn't turn in Tweener. I felt bad for him I think he liked her, but his life is totally out of control. T-Bag was pretty funny this week. I'm just glad "Lance" told Sara he's gay. At least he won't be trying to use her by playing on her feelings. I think Sara's Dad is going to end up in trouble. The President isn't going to like that he's trying to stand by Sara now. I also couldn't believe that silo Westmorland mentioned was built over. Talk about having no luck. I wonder what's up with Mahone and those meds he's taking?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My question, too. Since I've not watched Season 1, I didn't know if this was an on-going thing. Guess it's off to Wiki for me to get caught up. I thought my disks from Netflix would be in but lo and behold some of the long wait movies got sent instead LOL. Guess next week I have a PB marathon.

• Members

I just watched the first two discs of Season 1. All I can say is whew......so intense. I am glad I've watched this far of Season 2 so I can really pick up on the characters as the come on screen in Season 1. The government men have been there from the beginning. That's news. The stories just flash by. Yep, I'm hooked.

• Members

Glad you are liking season one, so much, DFJ. It definitely reels a person in!

Tonight's show was really good. I just love this show so much. Poor Sara, just when her father was being good to her and trying to make things right he gets killed. :angry: Then poor Tweener. I loved the way he went to Debs house and thanked her for stepping up for him at the hotel.

Not sure what to think of Mahone. Is he working for the company and/or is he insane? It sounded like he was working for the company when he said "I have nothing against you kid, but they do". Still he killed that other fugitive just for the heck of it. Hopefully, it will be clearer in the next few episodes.

I'm so disappoined the show isn't going to be on for three weeks due to the baseball playoffs. :(

• Members

I'm disappointed to have to wait three weeks, also.

You know what? I am upset that Mahone is being made into a crooked person. Prison Break has criminals on the run who you learn to care about and want to get to their goals safely (most of them anyway) but all the cops are evil???? That is not very balanced. The government man is horrid and if there were such a person in real life, the world isn't stupid enough not to figure out what is going on. The VP is leaving a huge firey finger right at her in ordering this destruction at this swift pace. Over years she might get by with it but not in days.

Other than that fault, the action, characters and story is very interesting.

Another thing that bothers me is that a person like T-Bone would be in the same cell block as those who only stole a car or something less violent. He and Haywire shouldn't have been in that cell-block in my orderly way of thinking.

I jumped when Mahone shot Tweener and just was furious about it. Two ways. One Tweener wasn't a bad person and I wanted him to reform and two I hated to learn that Mahone is another character to hate when I love looking at him and wanted him to be good.

The cop daughter was a very interesting addition to the story. I hope C-Note listens to her and she helps redeem him.

• Members

I watched Disc 4 of Season 1 this afternoon. I had no idea how drawn into this story I'd be. The casting crew did an excellent job with getting a great group together and they are making the characters their own. The lasts episode of this disc is Brother's Keeper. It's the one with the backstory of why the main characters are in Fox River. Michael and Sarah shocked me. It's just so good to have this history to understand Season 2. Now, I think the VP has a backstory we need to see, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm glad you are enjoying season 1 so much DFJ. I remember being really shocked at Sara's back story at first too, but I guess that explains why she's willing to give Michael a chance and help him out. She knows what it's like to be down and out.

I cannot wait until next week. The last three weeks have been long ones without my favorite show,

• Members

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Intervie...A-DE1046A8B8BB}

Monday, October 23, 2006

Prison Break's Back, and William Fichtner Is in Hot Pursuit

by Mary Murphy

William Fichtner, Prison Break

As all but two of the Fox River 8 remain at large on Fox's Prison Break (returning tonight at 8 pm/ET with fresh episodes), the stakes gets higher and the law gets closer. As part of TV Guide's Fall Hot List coverage, we asked William Fichtner what makes his FBI agent tick like the pill-popping time bomb he is.

TV Guide: You're playing FBI agent Alexander Mahone, who is deceptively smart and oh so twisted.

William Fichtner: The more twisted the better! Who wants to play a straight-away FBI guy? When I read the first two episodes, I thought, "What the heck is going on with this guy?"

TV Guide: What's up with those pills?

Fichtner: I think his plate is so full he needs a little help. He takes his pills, takes a deep breath and figures out a major piece of the puzzle.

TV Guide: Will he track down the escaped prisoners?

Fichtner: He is going to find these guys. But some of the things that Mahone has in the back of his closet — and in the back of his mind, the voices he is hearing about his own life — get in the way.

TV Guide: Will we find out more about his personal life?

Fichtner: In Episode 8, when we come back from hiatus, somebody starts to look at Mahone and wonder a bit about him. The pieces start to come together, with a little bit of a backstory.

TV Guide: Wait, he doesn't have a criminal past, does he?

Fichtner: [Laughing into telephone] You are breaking up. I can't hear you. I have to hang up.

TV Guide: How did you get the role?

Fichtner: It was really a last-minute thing. I worked on Invasion last year and I was not ready to step into another network situation again. I am really glad I said yes.

TV Guide: People had such high hopes for Invasion. Were you heartbroken when it was canceled?

Fichtner: Not at all. My nature is that things are what they are. I am never one to really get depressed when something is over. There is always a new door.

• Members

Prison Break came back with a vengence. A double twist at the beginning and really good twists from there. I think I said here that I liked Mahone and was disappointed that it seemed he was becoming psycho. There was more about him tonight that really confuses me. It appears that he was part of black ops in the military and the FBI is looking into his ability to perform according to FBI guidelines. We learn that he is taking orders from the President's number one baddie, but is he really bought? I hope that he is starting to think about making up for some of his dasterdly deeds and looking for the truth. That's what I'm hoping. My heart stopped when I thought Sucre drowned. He is about my favorite after Michael and Linc. Also, I think T-Bone is so bad to the bone, but so fascinating. He is obviously brilliant. So is he going to murder that poor woman or flaunt what she has lost in her face or what do you think?

• Members

Looks like Linc got caught. What a terrible scene to leave us with for him and his son, tonight.

T-Bone may get away. I don't know how, but he seems to have a lucky aura about him. And, he hasn't found his lady-love yet.

OMG, Mahone killed that man and buried him in his back yard. Michael was excellent in his detective work. It's a good thing he is a brilliant person who is very alert or he would have been in much more trouble.

Next week Michael finds Sarah. It should be exciting.

Archived