GH: March 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with your opinion about Laura trying to keep a business afloat would be much more entertaining than the character of Nina in a similar plot.  MS is a terrific actress, but, I think the design for her character, Nina, was very flawed.  One thing that makes a soap character interesting is how they connect with the other characters.  The character of Nina was written into a corner right from the get-go by being in a coma for twenty years.  So, there can't be any surprises about a secret child, a secret affair, or some shady business from her past that she doesn't want anyone to know about.  She was in a coma.  She just laid there for twenty years.  I think Jelly is trying to make her more interesting, but, they were saddled with an inferior character design that was in place before they got there as headwriters for GH.  

• Members

This Hayden stuff is falling so flat. It might be okay if we had ever heard of these Berlin people before last week but these names mean nothing to us. Everyone in PC being all, "Rachel Berlin? OMG no way the horror!" doesn't make it any more interesting. This story is horrible.

• Members

I think Hayden storyline is really up Shellys alley. We talk about Jean but again not enough about Shelly. Shelly has such a vision for daytime it's very different and unique to watch we are used to. Shelly could create her own daytime soap with her brand of writing 

Archived