DAYS: March 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont even watch for the reason that St.Daniel's new egg sister...come on we complained for years about that story...where are Maggie's real daughters? characters with ties to the Hortons and the past not made up ones...This summer character will be dead by next writers change if she's paired with Brady...

ive been waiting for Laura and bill to return since Alice's funeral...another thing that doesn't make any sense...

• Members

It's so glaring that Steve, Kayla and Joey aren't at Abby's wedding.  

Seeing Tobin Bell makes me kind of want him to go all Jigsaw on everyone in Salem, complete with those traps from the Saw movies.

Did anyone notice how Marlena and Arianna's kidnapping, Eduardo and John drinking that poisonous liquid and John being captured remind anyone of Saw 1?

• Members

Friday was a really dazzling episode.  "Days" hasn't pulled something out like that shooting in, easily, 10 years.  I understand why the cliffhanger wasn't Abby/Ben, because the producers wanted to highlight the production values in the John story.  Buuut, there was a little too much going on.  Chad & Abby's wedding should've been saved for a time where it could receive the attention it deserved.

Monday's episode highlighted how bizarre the breakdowns on this show have been for years now, though--no followup on Chabby but playing the Steve/Kayla story?!?  I get that it has to do with the block taping, but it was a little inexcusable to have Kris Alfonso, Stephen Nichols, Mary Beth, Wally Kurth, and Suzanne Rogers all appear in episodes on the wedding day, but not be there.  Anyway, great scenes with John, but I feel like without the "location" shoot, those scenes would've fallen SO flat . . . the long shots and angles enhanced that stuff tremendously.  If that stuff would've been filmed in a storage room like where Steve & Kayla were trapped a couple months ago, it wouldn't have had nearly the same impact, IMO.

The full wedding on Tuesday was pretty wonderful, I have to admit.  It's just a shame no one was there, LOL!  The direction the last few days has been top-notch and Bill & Susan Hayes were the biggest treat today.  Really great content, all around.  At least they tried to logic away nobody being there with JJ mentioning the kidnapping.  Jack's presence on Fri. and today was really felt--very effective use of Adrienne and the book . . . Susan read that passage beautifully.  It's just a shame Steve wasn't there.  I would've liked Kate there, too.  And I could've cared less about Summer & co. today, but I have to acknowledge how well Jen Lilley did at the end . . . as much as I hate this protagonist turn for Theresa, JL always shows up for work.

And I agree with KMan101, it was stupid to have reaction scenes from Lucas and Adrienne re. the kidnapping but not Eric.  Oversight!  LOL.  I'm so here for Eric/Jenn but it's such an afterthought.  And I've also been waiting forever for a "Laura" mental illness story for Jenn, but I'd be happy with one for Abby.

• Members

Ugh. Maggie and Nicole are STILL crying over Daniel. Bo who? Will who?

Why are we being punished with this Summer garbage? Why??????

At least John/Jigsaw/Marlena/Steve/Hope/Rafe/Eduardo/Deimos/Kate are on too.

So many people on

• Members

Summer: "Why does Maggie need a grownup daughter anyway? She already has two" Im glad the show is acknowledging that she is redundant and fills an unnecessary role which is already occupied by Maggie's existing children

Dario should be in Abby's age range yet he is with the late 30s crowd. Granted he was ill defined before so I guess they figure it wouldnt matter but Jordi looks too old for this role

Why are we still grieving Daniel on this show? I wish the show would move on already

Considering how close they've tried to make Ciara, Rafe and Hope the past few months, I cant beleive he found out about her rape offscreen? The whole story has been a mess and the aftermath is weak at best.

John and his father....what in the Star Wars hell?

• Members

Yup. 

I don't get DAYS with their mentality of hiring former soap actors who were marginally successful in their other roles, putting them in half-assed dead-end stories in Salem, and expecting it to flourish. I could understand if they hired La Lucci, Zimmer, poached Melody, etc. etc. etc., but people like Archer, Cosgrove, Chrishelle, and especially Wilson aren't gonna bring in a fanbase who are watching them for them. 

• Members

Agreed and especially if the RUMOR I saw on a site not allowed here proves true about Cosgrove's come back, Im gonna be laughing my ass off with stupidity

true unless your Kassie as Eve, who they should bring back

• Members

I actually thought she worked. The problem is they refused to get her out of the teenagers' storylines and have her interact with more adults until the very end when they decided to get rid of her. Kassie was good as Eve but the writing here did her no favors. Propping up JJ and Paige was a dead end story

Archived