Y&R September 2015 Discussion

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought the Jill/Colin/Esther scenes were a goldmine but during Esther's moving out scene it really did feel like we'll never see Esther again. Of course I wondered why Esther was even still working as a maid in the Chancellor house but it's sad. It would have been far more interesting to have seen Colin and Esther have some type of affair while Jill's away rather than the Marco/Jack crap and Sage saga in the past six months. 

I was always neutral on old man Murphy but at least they didn't bring him back. I actually like this incarnation of Adam and Chelsea.  The rest of the show can go to hell. 

• Members

The estate set is Y&R's oldest set(going back to at least 1974, maybe even late 1973) and unless we for some reason get more scenes in it it won't be seen again. All the classic moments on Jill showing up, barging in, and insulting either Esther or Katherine upon her entrance("WHAT took you so long? Polishing off ANOTHER bottle?!!?") will only be in our memories now. 

• Members

When can Adam and Chelsea just admit they hate each other's guts? All they ever do is fight.

Neil cracks me up! You saved Hilary's life out of the goodness of your heart? Yeah, you're not fooling anyone.

Devon is such a doofus.

Scott Elrod can't act. Gina carried those scenes today.

First episode I can remember without Victor...someone finally gave Braeden a day off. I'm sure we'll see him tomorrow.

Missed Billy today...

• Members

That last scene of Esther was sad and as close to a classic Y&R exit as anyone's had in a good decade. A good wide shot of Esther in the Chancellor living room, in tears, taking her things and leaving in the dark, promising to the memory of Kay that she'd be okay. 

That was very likely Kate Linder's last scene. Yet another piece of Y&R's history gone. Sad.

• Members

Decided to YouTube this week's episode and here are few comments/questions I have to get off my chest. 

1. I am content with Esther going if she is really gone. Kate Linder has never impressed me as an actress, and I've always found Esther annoying as f-ck. 
  2. How did Neil smuggle Hilary back into the country? TSA would've picked up on it, and someone working there would've seen the headlines about Devon and ID Neil being the true culprit. And don't get me started about Neil in the supply closet. That was just f-cking stupid, and I don't know hospitals that would leave that room unsecured. 
  3. How the f-ck does Phyllis not know about Ian? I'm sorry but nosey ass, gossiping ass Phyllis would've done her research by now about the time she was comatose and learned about Ian. Especially since he tried preying on her daughter at one point. 
  4. Out of all the stories that should've climaxed, why hasn't the Gabe/Adam story? This story should've climaxed back when Billy was about to marry Chelsea. 
  5. Phyllis chewing out Joe after he was proven innocent was so stupid. I get it is a tactic to make the audience feel for Joe but I don't. I found that scene to be stupid as f-ck and months too late. 
  6. Billy/Vicki part 1000? Why? I've never seen a boring ass, most unattractive soap couple in my life. 
  7. Can they please stop trying to make fetch--I mean Sage happen? She does NOTHING for me. Just another one of the Newman men irrelevant hoes that the writers try to make into a martyr. 

Archived