Y&R: March Discussion

• Members

Agreed. Lily has no say in who Jabot sends to LA to represent them. She is definitely out of control. LOL

Devon and Lily semi mentioned Dru three weeks ago when they were talking about the last time Neil had luck in love and the last time he drank.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok. You've jumped me several times over my negative comments about DT. I've seen you do the same to others. You're right it's subjective. I think he's bland at best. Not very attractive by soap standards and taken a character whose mildly Whiney behavior was nuanced by a talented actor, and emphasized the least attractive aspects of said character because David Tom excels at whiny and annoying.

• Members

I'm giving DT time to get adjusted back to playing Billy. Even though he played him quite well in the past, his character evolved during the 10 + years he wasn't playing the character. I think it will take some time before he settles back in.

When Eileen Davidson came back as Ashley in 1999, she had a difficult time playing Ashley again for the first several months of her stint.

• Members

For me, David Tom and Billy Miller are basically on par in terms of acting skill and looks. I like them both. I was used to Billy Miller, so I would have liked him to stay, but he didn't, and David Tom is a nice, close second for me. I guess Billy Miller seemed a little more like he could be Jack's brother, but David Tom seems more like someone who could be related to Traci.

Does Victor know who the Cassie look alike really is? It's hard to believe he hasn't investigated her origins. If she isn't related to Sharon this basically seems all for naught, and if she is Victor is really on an even more despicable track then he was before.

• Members

Marlon Brando didn't have the most masculine of voices and he definitely made it work for him. I'm in no way comparing the two except in terms of the timbre and pitch of the voice.

If I were directing Tom, I really would suggest he find a way to take more time enunciating the dialogue. When he takes more time, his voice tends to sllightly lower its register. When he speeds up words, he tends to get squeaky. Perhaps Tom is amped up and not even realizing he's doing this. A director's job is to remind him of this. I always find myself asking 'Where is the Director?' when it comes to Y&R.

One thing David should really consider doing, and this is going to sound superficial and shallow, is to work on his physique. I'm not talking about bulking up (frankly, I'm not a fan over the super muscley type) but to develop defined, lean muscle mass--the kind a fit runner or even a tennis player might have.

Then he could get away from the shapeless, baggy clothes and the slightly too big shirts that seem to dwarf him and make him look like a perpetual teenager. Perhaps wearing clothes that have a more tailored fit might provide a more grown up look.

JMO.

Cassie needs to break Victor out of this fetish he's developed recently for using doppelgangers to gaslight people. And she should do it by secretly going rogue and giving Victor no ends of trouble while pretending to be doing his dirty work. This needs to be such a headache for Victor that he never ever even considers doing something like this again.

I doubt Victor will suffer, thereby ensuring that he will never learn but it sure would be a nice change.

Archived