Worst Musical Acts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember always liking Passion's musical acts, even though the Bollywood one was a little annoying. I loved when they did "spellbinding"....I hated when they sang "Suga Suga"

OLTL from what I seen does over do it with their musicals, but at the same time I think it would be fun if Y&R tried something like that (maybe just 1 time)

• Members

I know this is going to shock some folks but...I got so, so, SO tired of Evangeline singing on OLTL. I love REG and I enjoy her voice but I got sick of the show coming up with one lame reason after another to have her sing just to fulfill her guarantees. It was out of place and forced in most cases. The only time it felt organic to me was when Vange sang at Marcie and Michael's wedding. Part of me is glad they avoided that trap with Tika Sumpter/Layla although that at least that would've shown a desire to treat the actress and character like she mattered.

Another example of bad music on OLTL: Blair/KDP. I'm going to be nice and leave it at that.

But when it comes to bad soap music, I'm going to let Joel McHale say it...

http://youtu.be/yv7D_AQRxEI

• Members

That Colby crap was after I quit watching.Seriously that was awful.

Oh and I remembered I hated the singing at Spixie's non wedding. All those non singers and non dancers was painful. If I wanted to see karaoke I would go to a karaoke bar.

I also didn't like when Johnny was a singing mobster.

Angelina on Y&R with them switching over from bad singing to good singing was also painful.

How could I forget Blair? KDP needed to put down the mike!

• Members

Jessica Buchanan sings.

There are worse singers than Erin Torpey, no doubt (and she actually knew her range, unlike some on this show...), but it made zero sense for Jessica to become a singer, other than Torpey might have asked for it. This was the early stages of the show essentially giving up on any characterization for Jessica, which would continue for over a decade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxXV25-fdAk

Archived