Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Should other soaps be rebooted?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Khan

Khan

"May I use your telephone?"

• Members
  • 18,815 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

What about rebooting Dark Shadows?

God, no.  Every attempt at rebooting DS has made the original look more and more like "Upstairs, Downstairs."

#62 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

I actually think a summer soap about young hot people in Cali might be a good idea .

They already rebooted Dark Shadows. I was watching the reboot on Chiller not too long ago.

#63 cnathanielrichardson

cnathanielrichardson

Recurring

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Good idea, but too many reboots would water the idea down...the rebooted soap should be carefully selected and done

#64 katie_9918

katie_9918

Contract

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Honestly, I think they should toss all available (that is, not protected by estate issues or other legalities) former soaps into a hat, or at least those they're truly interested in, and do 13 to 26 week novellas out of them.

For Guiding Light alone, both Blake and Ashlee are in the book business, just use the first one or two reintroduction episodes having them VoiceOver the past three or so years and go from there.

The stories are there for all the soaps, it's just whether TPTB are interested in those stories.

I actually think a summer soap about young hot people in Cali might be a good idea .

They already rebooted Dark Shadows. I was watching the reboot on Chiller not too long ago.

I'm sick of young hot people. Most of them are vapid wastes of humanity who are too dumb to breathe.

Edited by katie_9918, 09 January 2013 - 12:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users