AMC: SOAPnet's "I Love Lucci" Marathon

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I blame him for killing this show. As soon as he started dominating, Ryan seemed even more annoying and the show seemed to turn more mysogynistic in some ways. I fully believe having Erica Kane all these years and still the center of this show saved it from turning into what GH and OLTL are now. And it almost got there during Pratts tenure.

• Members

I blame the writer's and Frons, but I totally get what your saying. Beginning with B&E the Zach testosterone was becoming its own sickening character alongside Zach and more and more misogynistic every day.

Exactly. Probably in part due to their connection with TK from Port Charles, B & E really started over-doing it with Zach da man.

I do agree with AMS, initial Zach was tolerable (except for that curse run and the casita talk was getting redudndant) and initial Z/K were really good. It was classic foreplay to a relationship. Kendall was written to have him by his balls during the time and it was a necessary element to have and IMO to keep especially considering this is AMC.

Expanding on that last thought, AMC has always had a good supply of strong, bitchy women. 2007 felt like the sudden end of that. Man, thinking about it, that's probably IMO the worst thing that was done to this show in the past decade: the abrupt weakening of the female characters across the board save Erica.

No doubt. If not for Susan Lucci, particularly during Pratt, this show would have lost all of what it was and gone down the GH & OLTL street.

ETA: I quit the marathon at the wedding episode since ABC just showed that episode not too long ago.

• Members

When did the Satin Slayer stuff take place? I was so zoned out of AMC for most of that time, but I still can't get over them destroying so many young, vibrant women who, when written properly, were good characters who could have been great. This was also when they totally botched the Zarf thing, which had started well.

• Members

For all her demented, I can't hate on McTavish. Simply because when she's not on crack, her writing consists of some of my favorite times on the show. While she could be quite awful, she knew the elements that were essential to AMC even if she didn't use it all the time. I loved her 1992-1993 season and her 2003-2004 season more than I loved anybody else's writing for AMC to this day. I'm not counting pre-1992. AMC was beautiful during that 1987-1992 period.

I disagree about it not being her. I think the serial killer story was McTavish's style. Bad or good story, she knew how to get the ratings back up. After a bad summer/fall of 2006, the numbers needed to go back up and they did. I think that was her last ditch effort to keep her job, fast ratings.

Archived