DAYS: Another actor out this fall!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Under normal circumstances, I'd want him to stay and test the waters with Billie or someone.

But if he wouldn't take the cut, and that would ever affect Pinson, Peck, Clarke, Sweeney, Dattilo, Koslow, Reckell, Alfsono, Hall, Hoegystyn, Rogers, etc etc etc, - meaning the rest of the cast's cuts would be greater or someone else would have to go in his place, then this is good news, IMO.

• Members

i do love Missy..and i understand and accept her reasoning for leaving..As her family has moved to Tenessee...But it does suck that because she opted to leave, both of her male counterparts (2 of the best actors on Days) are being dropped..I wonder if Missy feels a little responsible for two of her pals being out of jobs..

• Members

LOL Bree

I do agree with Kev that losing MA and BW DAYS is really going to lack in the male department. I think Peter Reckell, Bryan Datillo, and Stephen Nichols will be the only great male actors on the show. If Joe returns than I would add him as well.

• Members

Why is it that the good heavyweight actors are always the ones to be fired first?

OK, I understand Dee Hall, Drake, Peter Reckell, Kristian Alfonso are all extremely popular, but so is Matt Ashford and yet he is the one who always gets literally f*cked by TPTB! It seems so unjust to me, but as they say, there's no point crying over spilt milk - J&J fans are sadly used to this by now! :(

• Members

Hey Phoenix, don't go putting words in my mouth. :lol: I wasn't including Ashford in that statement at all. Remember, I had sonme contraversial cut suggestions and never was Ashford among them...:P I would have loved to see the Johnson clan reaffirmed. But, alas...

• Members

Oh ok sorry :) .

All I was saying was it could be worse. Ashford would not have been my first choice but if it came down to him vs a few others I won't name to avoid playing favorites I would go with him and Warlock. Seeing the Johnsons's together again would've been great. I was even hoping for Judi Evans switching roles. Speaking of which, I wonder what will happen to her. I assume she would be on the cut list unless she takes a huge cut (which she may accept-she loves Days) or goes recurring (something else she may accept).

I hate this but I guess it is a harsh reality that all soaps are facing right now. I mean it sucks for Matt because this has happened before and it happened to Billy on GH but at least on Days Billy's character was not destroyed. It sucks but it is happening and it can't be changed. The show will go on :) .

• Members

So true, but it seems on DAYS if your character is part of a triangle and the other two in that triangle leave, they won't write for you independently. Triangles and destined couples rule on DAYS, and if you're not part of either, you get backburnered or made to leave.

Archived