Kelly Clarkson Told to Lose Weight

Shawn

• Members

http://community.tvguide.com/forum.jspa?forumID=700000044

Kelly Clarkson Told to Lose Weight

According to the New York Post, Kelly Clarkson has inked a deal to promote her own flavor of Vitamin Water — à la 50 Cent's grape-flavored "Formula 50" — provided that she lose some weight. The beverage's maker reportedly has put the shapely singer on a strict diet before they will officially trumpet the tie-in. In related news, Justin Guarini can afford tap.

People are stupid. As usual, Hollywood is weight-centric. :rolleyes:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:( Kelly is fine the way she is. I'm sure her jumping around the stage will keep her from getting any bigger if the Vitamin Water company is so worried about it :D

Anyway... regardless of Kelly's weight, she is still an amazing artist. It will be more than two years since Breakaway before her new album comes out! And she didn't disappear during that time either, like Christina and Justin did in their break :)

• Members

Kelly Clarkson is healthy just the way she is. She isn't anorexic like Hilary Duff and she's not plump like Aretha Franklin (who I love and that's not a shot by the way). They need to just leave her the !@#$%^&*] alone.

• Members

What is so wrong with how Kelly looks? She looks absolutely fine....Either Hollywood is zooming in on how "huge" someone has gotten, or they are zooming in on folks who just look to skinny. The flip side of it is that when those that are being told to "put on weight" do exactly that, then all of a sudden, they start fussing about how they've gained too much weight, while the one's that are told to lose weight is suddenly being talked about; saying they look too thin...

They can't win either way it goes.

• Members

I wish she would not have taken this deal. If they are not happy with her the way she is; she should have walked. I hope she does not go the way of so many others celebrities and lose so much weight that we don't even recognize her. Kelly is one of the few healthy looking celebrities left… IMO she does not need to lose a pound!

• Members

:lol: bell

Seriously though, Kelly is appealing to a lot of people not only for her incredible music but because she looks and acts like a real person, not some fantasy driven facade that Hollywood states we should strive to be. She's beautiful the way she is, and frankly if Vitamin Water demands she lose weight, she should tell them to f**k off.

• Members

Kelly, IMHO, ranges from thin to just right already. If she lost more weight she would look ill-proportioned, because she doesn't have a typical super-model body shape to begin with and her choice of clothing often does her little favors. I like her as slightly curvy and for her own sake, I hope she tells this company where to get off. (And I hope she gets a new fashion consultant too :P )

• Members

It's not like her record company is forcing her to lose weight. SHE wants to promote and make millions from a health drink. If they want her to lose weight, I don't see whats wrong with them saying it. She doesn't have to do it at all.

• Members

This isn't new. I bet you every time we get a stick think actress on soaps who can't act, it came down to her and someone slightly heavier and more talented (but still thin by regular standards). I have friends in the industry who you would call thin but have been told they are fat and couldn't be cast, and they are way thinner than Kelly. This isn't new though.

• Members

What has the music biz come to or even mainstream TV? My brother and I were talking about this same thing today! Today if someone looks better then they are automatically better than the average looking joe even if the average joe has more talent. I am tired of seeing these no talents, Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, Jessica Alba get all this praise all because they look "hot". I would much rather have someone with talent, like a Kelly Clarkson(who I find very attractive anyway) over looks 9 out of 10 times. Its become pathetic, its just all about looks now.

Archived