DAYS: NY Post Inverview with Kola Boof!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I, actually, agree with you, for once! :lol: I don't get it either, but I get Toups' (and others') point about wanting new blood in daytime. I'm looking forward to seeing her work or seeing more of her work though. I think she'll end up at CBS.

I am riding the fence on this one.

• Members

As I said in my last post, I don't like the sounds of this story at all. I will be excited when all the writers get there and start working.

The show is good now but and I am loving everything going on. The only story I am still not happy with is Steve and Kayla. I know everyone else is loving it, and there has been some okay stuff. I love some of the flashbacks, but I am ready for it to move on beyond just being a couple story.

I am not a fan of Jack & Jennifer but I am enjoying story much better because it is more than just a couple story. Steve and Kayla's story is more just a story for the fans of the couple. And I never have really been a fan of the couple. I like them and love both performers, but they are not one of my favorite couples. So right now there is just nothing to get me interested in it.

I guess they are waiting for Hogan or whomever to get things going, but until the story moves to Steve's memory and it starts affecting other people and moves beyond the couple - the story is a big bore and big miss for me.

• Members

Jane, nobody in their right mind believes that [s.W.S.N.B.N.] has the power to SAVE DAYTIME.

What people want are "good writers" who've EXPERIENCED life.

Did you get the part in the article where she told Osama she was having "lion's meat"?

DID YOU PICK UP ON THAT WIT?

Soaps depend on writers who can come up with interesting ideas, shocking twists and witty lines.

It also helps if the writer has actually EXPERIENCED some of the outrageous things they're writing about.

That is what these Producers are chasing. They aren't looking for a SAVIOR in daytime.

It's also what wins EMMYS for these shows.

• Members

I don't know if you were referring to my "scared" comment but I meant that in a good way. I loved Possession but I was young when it aired, and it scared the CRAP out of me!! I'm hoping this story will be truly scary and high stakes, and not like JER's Tony "Days," which were more cartoonish and hilarious.

• Members

I read your words but they make absolutely no sense to me.

*g*

Seriously, I adore S&K so I am fairly uncomprehensive when others don't get them, but I'll agree with you that I'm anxious for their story to get rolling as well. Still my all-time favorite scenes with them have ALWAYS been just the two of them alone. They've created some magical stuff in the past (funny, sexy, heartwrenching, the gamut). I'm just anxious to see them do it again.

• Members

I don't know what to make of the article, because these type of interviews can be spun by the reporter anyway they want, taking phrases out of context etc. I think there isn't much to infer from the article - Its from the New York Post, which I remember to be very tabloidy in style (JMHO, others may disagree) - If it was from the New York Times, it would be a different story...

• Members

Though I wasn't asked the question, I have wondered what you meant, Erica. What wit? Is it a joke?

I'm confused why some think this doesn't "sound" like Boof. While the reporter can spin the story the ways she wishes, or inadvertently write it a certain way, she can't misquote Boof, which means those run-ons were hers.

• Members

:lol:

This [s.W.S.N.B.N.] chick is definitely causing some buzz, which is always a good thing IMO. I am liking DAYS so much these days, but I still would like for someone else like [!@#$%^&*] to be given a chance to show off her talents and new fresh ideas. Most people on this board gripe about the same writers going from soap to soap and when a new onev finally comes along those same seem to !@#$%^&*]. Give the woman a chance and then see if you like her ideas. I agree with Keith and any others who have said this is nothing to get your undies in a wad about. I hope she stays on at DAYS!

• Members

I always figured she was writing for Stefano, not EJ or Sami. With Mascolo off contract with B&B, I see Days picking him back up.

As for Brad Bell trying to steal her, I definitely wouldn;t wish B&B on her. I can't see the major changes needed at that soap unless Brad Bell steps down.

• Members

I think the fear there is more from the gloom and doom of Matthew Ashford's pending (??) departure... And I think that is where a lot of the negativity is coming from as well.

Nothing she has said is akin to what DAYS has seen.... and what she has said sounds like good soap as long as it is written properly, which is exactly what DAYS has NOT been for the past umpteenth years.

Besides, she is NOT the HW and she openly stated she does not have a lot of pull. Also her saying what her favorites are does not mean a thing. It doesn't mean she will write for them. Marlena was listed as her favorite and she is still off the air...

Exactly... Exactly...

JER tried to re-create his DAYS and failed miserably. Soaps should not try to re-create, they can create magic with something fresh.

ITA. But like Mike said, that is very typical of the DAYS fan community.

[!@#$%^&*] has turned this soap around and for heavens sake, she has even focused A LOT on Jack and Jennifer, MORE THAN any other HW has in the past few years. Boof has no control on whether Ashford is going to be let go or not. That will be ultimately Corday's decision. So Boof should not be blamed for that (and dare I say JER shouldn't either, unless fans feel he called Corday from the PSNS headquarters and told him to let Ashford go). Also Boof's comments on DAYS did not even sound close to a hardcore story plan and it comes across very clearly that she is not in complete control over ANYTHING.

Archived