DAYS: NY Post Inverview with Kola Boof!

• Members

I really don't think ONE storyline dictates the entire show. I also think you would be at ease if you read some [s.W.S.N.B.N.] novels, short stories. Her writing is very deep and character-driven. She's nothing like the fluff piece that the article portrayed.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly what is Days then? Before JER days was campy at times, but has great character driven storylines that focused on families. During the JER era, were there some character driven storylines? Some yes, but mainly it revolved around plot, plot, plot, plot, gimmick, gimmick, stunt.

Let Hogan turn DAYS into his vision. There's no way to recapture the days of old (no pun intended). Instead of focusing on what DAYS used to be, Hogan should focus on what make DAYS so special and go from there. If you try to copy what was, you'll fail. There's nothing like the original.

As far as the [!@#$%^&*] interview, they focused less on DAYS on more on her past. I don't see why people should be "scared" b/c of what she said in the interview. I for one wouldn't mind seeing someone who's power driven and wants to take over the world. You know everyone who wants to "take over the world" isn't evil. They could just be goal oriented with a slight dark side. We shouldn't look too far into this anyway.

• Members

Look, Jane. You've made it clear a number of times that you don't like this writer no matter what she does! LOL You just don't like her.

So be glad to know that Bradley Bell is sending Boof so much champagne, wisteria (her favorite flower), gift trinkets and Hallmark cards containing $100 dollar bills signed--"BB needs you"--that she may be very well be gone before you can get a good POUT going.

But if you knew what a talented writer this is, you would think twice, because it doesn't matter what the story is. It matters who's writing it, and DAYS hasn't had top caliber "gritty" writers since I don't know when.

• Members

I don't like the sounds of the story at all. And I sure hate that EJ might be the one. I do not want him to be a cartoon like villian and would like for him to be more of a classic villain who could have a longer life on the show. These ones who want to take over the world or kill everyone in town, either have to go to jail or get killed off and then come back from the dead.

I would just love to see EJ or someone be a classic type villian like Adam Chadler or Roger Thorpe. WHere are those type of villians today? Where are the ruthless characters and not the ones who are just plain evil.

And if it turns into a redemption story for Sami great, but my fear is it will just be another way for Sami to scheme. She did it with Tony who why not with EJ. She could just pair up with him and use him to get the things she wants. And then of course cause more problems with her family when they all find out she slept with the enemy again.

• Members

I think many are way too quick to judge what Boof has planned. I mean, she's said herself that she may be gone when Hogan comes on in August, so who knows how far her outlines will even go? There's far too many variables for people to getting their panties is such a bunch, especially over an article that was surely spun.

• Members

Sorry, but how I can take this seriously? Here is [!@#$%^&*] herself on her MB happy she may gets steady pay as a part of some soap writing team, saying how much better paid is soap writing than her novels. And now, you are saying she owns a farm near Bradley Bell´s mansion?! :o

And it´s not [!@#$%^&*] I don´t like. It´s this "here comes the daytime savior" attitude which really turns me off. She is a newbie, she needs to prove herself first.

Archived